Walmart Packs - 2023

I think they’d do far better with these if they were more of a deal. $9 for 3 books isn’t that big of a discount off cover price. If this is just overstock, they should move these for less to try to draw in a new audience. 3 for $5 or 6 for $9 or something. Or, go back to putting the rare stuff in there so collectors are interested again. The current product just has very little appeal to any audience.

3 Likes

I don’t go to Walmart often - just not a pleasant experience - but I noticed the last couple times I didn’t see them. Unsure if my closest location gave up on them. They were always next to a busy self checkout lane (well, most of the store seems to be self checkout now) so browsing them was always difficult.

My Walmart has restocked with the ones posted above twice in the last few weeks. I grabbed the Jabba, Spider-Gwen Shadow Clones #1 but can’t seem to ever get the Ewoks #1 in time lol. In my Jabba’s Palace #1 pack I did get a Daredevil 1:10 design Variant

2 Likes

7 Comics for 10 bucks at Walmart!

I didn’t buy any of these…but they look like they just showed up and there were multiple copies of each cover.

3 Likes

Showed up here as well…this was the assortment here (2 of each).
I bought a venom one. I’ll open it later and report out.

1 Like

Not too shabby…pretty funny though that they are just dealing with the unsold packs this way. Actually a pretty good deal though. The Strange Academy #13 is a great book. Just to clarify, the 7 book pack had the Venom book on top with the two 3 packs bundled inside.
Resizer_16908226023223

2 Likes

It’s packs within packs! Packception!

3 Likes

3-Pack^2

Minus 2.

I think this has already been mentioned here, but something to be on the lookout for. If you have a 5 Below in your area, they now have DC 4-packs. The best part is they are $4, which is exactly what these should be for packed up books.

I bought a pack, as it looked like maybe a Spawn/Batman title variant, but I guessed wrong as they were just Spawn covers of other titles. My pack didn’t have anything super great, but it had a 5th book stuck inside one of the other books. A few other packs had a nice Frison Poison Ivy cover, the Spawn/Batman A cover, a couple Batman One Bad Day books… some decent stuff.

These are packed really nicely, include 4 NM books, and all for a buck a book. Love it. Marvel, your turn! Enough of this 3 books for $9 garbage.

3 Likes

Also, for what it’s worth, people have been pulling the Batman 56 Convention foil edition out of these. Nothing that will make you rich, but a bit of a more unique find. This one is easier to find as it’s sealed in its own poly bag.

Five Below has some fun snacks and other interesting random stuff. I’ll look for the comics next time I swing by.

3 Likes

Was close to an another 5 Below today, so I stopped in to see if I could find a Batman 56 Convention Foil. Found 2. They surely are pretty!

The other books in the packs:

2 Likes

Hit my local one on the way to the grocery store. No love.

Hit mine as well today. Nuthin.

IMG_5982

Looks like more overstock coming back to Walmart in the form of DC 100 page Giants.

These look brand new…so wondering if it’s possible they just printed more. Inside the cover does say “First Printing” and 2018.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed more Marvel 7 packs showing up as well…and they don’t always have a Walmart variant as the top book.

This is not my photo, but one someone else found. I was suspicious at first, but others seem to have confirmed it’s legit.

Not sure what other hidden gems might be lurking…

1 Like

Interesting.
I was in Nowheresville, Northern MI (not to be confused with Knowhere) last week and saw these as well in a Walmart.
I kinda did a hmmmm… and moved on as I was getting groceries.

2 Likes

I can confirm purchasing one of those Gleason 2nd print 1:50 packs at my local Walmart. It caught my eye at the store but I couldn’t remember if it was a ratio or not. Then I googled it and was pleasantly surprised. So they are out there. There were about eight packs total at my local store, but only 1 had the Gleason. Nothing special about the top books on the other packs.

2 Likes

My Walmarts are bone dry for any comic packs lately.

My Local Wallyworld had the packs today when I went in to pick up folders for my son. none had the ASM Variant though.