WalMart Packs - 3Q21

Forgot to post it the other day.

2 Likes

I’m going to get nothing but Mary Jane reprints.

2 Likes

A strikeout for me so far. Got an Eternals 1 1:10, but I bought a copy of that pre FOC and cover reveal, and was really disappointed in it. Now I have two. :roll_eyes:

Also:
Champions 2, 2nd print
Champions 5b
Black Panther 166 lenticular.

Meh.

I found a Gleason 55 2nd print 1:50. The book was sandwiched between an Extreme Carnage Alpha (top) book and a Return of the Valkyries Black History Variant. The Gleason was easy to identify, I looked for a white background along the spine, and then traced the ‘web’ markings from the pic that was posted on the CGC forum (I had bought the pack home, and compared the markings before opening the pack). I think this is random between the packs (someone posted on the CGC boards that they found it with the Star Wars HR 6 pack), so the giveaway is the method I used above.
Dont know how to identify the others without actually opening the packs, and dont want to spend on books I am not interested in. If anyone knows of a way, please share. Thanks !

What is the McFarlane book I keep hearing people talk about?

@LoveBox
People have been pulling these from the Walmart 3 packs

Venom 1:1000

Saw a few pull this
Immortal Hulk 1:1000

Peach 1:500

Moon Knight #200 1:1000

2 Likes

Are there some links to these pack openings ? Trying to get a feel for the packs these were in.

Are we sure these people aren’t faking the good books? I mean 1:1000 as fillers?!

3 Likes

As much as I want to believe that people are pulling out this high ratio variants from the 3-packs…it just seems a far stretch that Diamond would dump these instead of offering them to retailers at a discount…

2 Likes

Bought 6 packs yesterday. Got the Demon Days #1 1:500, Amazing Spiderman 55 2nd print 1:50, shattered Guardians of the Galaxy 13 variant and a bunch of non-exciting stuff. They are real.

What I found odd were people pulling store exclusives.

Store exclusives ??? Which ones ?

2 Likes

It’s why I’m calling bullshit. I don’t see how it’s possible that they’d have store exclusives. I’m not buying the high end ratios on books that are a few months old either.

1 Like

I got the Shattered GotG #13, which I think was a store exclusive. I also got the Non-Stop Spiderman Parrillo #1, but dinged top corner. Surprised they were in there.

You may think it is bullshit, but I would recommend you go to your Walmart and buy some. For all of mine the best book was the 3rd, and you can see on the spine what they look like.

How would a store exclusive, that diamond wouldn’t have as they’d of all gone to the store or stores end up in a Walmart pack? They (Walmart via a vendor) get them from diamond not the stores that ordered them. The only ones diamond would have would be damages. Unless the stores don’t have to send the damages back. Either way it’s suspicious and seems like an impossibility.

Definitely legit. At least I believe it to be. I mean, store exclusives are printed at the same facility as FOC books. And print shops always print overages. When a store orders 3000, the printer is not printing 3000. I’m sure it’s not a ton over, but some.

I think Marvel knows exactly what they are doing here.

For what it’s worth, it seems like most of the good incentives are coming from Star Wars and Alien, although that might just be what people are buying more of.

I’d bet money that these “opening” videos makers have a bunch of Walmart packs to sell.

I will have to check out Walmart when I get a chance.

People be like “damn can’t believe I just found this in a Wal-Mart 3 pack”

7 Likes

There’s… sort of… precedence for such a thing. Wizards of the Coast put classic, famous cards (in their marketing, “priceless treasures”) in the first run of Zendikar in like 2009. They were very, very rare, but people bought those boxes!

I will say I struck out on these. A couple books I’m ok with adding to the collection, but the only incentive I found was the lame 1:10 Eternals #1. Happy hunting! Marvel was smart to add a few good books, as I bet they sell a ton of the packs this time.

2 Likes