Walmart Packs - 2023

Ah, forgot they started to appear in other places. Does anyone recall which chains carry them? Other than Meijers.

Took the two packs I had purchased back. Lack luster cover art plus poor choices of cover books (not to mention lack of incentives inside) make for a bust this quarter.

Get back to spider-verse abs Star Wars!!!

I did sell one of my spider-verse Walmart variants from the last round this weekend.

1 Like

I kinda gave up on Walmart packs once the incentives dried up. But I looked through the packs tonight. I found one that had a bagged and boarded book as the last book. Couldn’t tell what it was, but I figured it had to be an X-Men 1 or something amazing, right?

Well, nope. A cool Sam Keith Wolverine cover though. But, have you ever found a Walmart pack with a bagged and boarded book? I figured it was worth the gamble.

1 Like

Never seen them bagged and boarded like that.

Anyone live outside Philly I found the honey hole of a Walmart (a real dump too maybe that is why) but they had tons o Walmart packs. Not seeing any variants so I passed but let me know if you are interested and outside Philly

How old are theses packs?

I would say the only one worth taking t a gamble on are the ones that had the 1:50 ASM 55. White cover with grey webbing was easy to spot.

I think these also had the Venom 1:1000 variant.

If I’m correct this was the “orange sticker” wave.l (3Q 2021).

I honestly do not know. I didn’t pay attention, I should have taken a picture.

In the last wave of double re-packs last fall, where they pack up two 3-packs and throw in a random 7th book, people were finding those Venom 1:1000s again. Sounded like they were in the X-Men Blue #1 packs.

They had thee large pack DC ones though, with the wide board bigger than the books.

Be on the lookout the next few weeks. Books last came out mid Feb, which means Mid May will be the next round.

They started showing up May 6th last year.

2 Likes

The Walmarts in my area stopped carring the Comic packs

1 Like

Seems that way for me too.

My only thought is that about the last 3 rounds have been so particularly bad that most of them are still sitting on shelves in my area.

I don’t know if that becomes a factor but they really don’t need any more “stock” of comics (realizing these will be new of course).

1 Like

Since they pulled out all of the fun books (ratios, exclusives), no one is buying these. Last I checked, the closest Walmart had 4-5 full display boxes. A year ago, they had a harder time keeping these on the shelves.

Mine still has a tone of the last round. Like two full sets.

Looks like new ones are making their way out there. If anybody finds the Star Wars ones, you’ve got a buyer in me and I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

1 Like

Ironically I was just about to call Walmart packs dead since they should have come out 3 weeks ago…

A weird thing is that the marvel head shot sticker typically changes characters, shape and/or color with each quarters release. The dead pool Comic came out last quarter.
But the head shot of those Star Wars books is the same as last quarter.

The books are legit variants though, as the bar code has been relocated/removed from the front cover.

Will stop by my Walmart shortly to check it out.

Thanks. None at my Wal Mart this morning.

Notta here as well. Plenty still there from February, still in plastic too!