WandaVision

Episodes 1 and 2 are out today. I’m excited to see how Marvel Studios does with something other than a big time movie

2 Likes

I really enjoyed it. I think there are a ton of nuances and throwbacks that many may not quite get if they are younger.
I’ll likely get an “Ok Boomer” response for my comment, but much of what I’ve seen are nods to shows/apsects of television that many younger folks/watchers have likely never watched/seen. They did an amazing job in this regard relative to attention to detail.

1 Like

Ok boomer

3 Likes

Well soon most Boomers will be dead so we will have to start saying ok Gen Xer.

3 Likes

Just finished both episodes. I really enjoyed them a lot. No super big reveal just yet, but a lot of Easter eggs

I have not watched it yet but from the trailers I have seen I hope they don’t ruin the possibility of a future House of M series by making this too much like House of M with the Wanda mental breakdown and all.

But that’s the beauty of Gen Xers: they’re immune to ad hominem attacks.

4 Likes

That’s why they call me red. I’m immune!

1 Like

I’m wanna put Geez Gen Xer out there.

1 Like

Beep boos beep boop, I’m the cultural reference bot, here to assist with footnotes on cultural references!

This comment references: Senior Trip (1995) National Lampoon’s Senior Trip is a 1995 American comedy film for the National Lampoon magazine franchise, directed by Kelly Makin. It marked Jeremy Renner’s film debut.

2 Likes

You’re good people, drunkwooky

I’m medium people.

Also the actor who said this was the bus driver. Who was Tommy Chong.

1 Like

I enjoyed it. I grew up watching ‘Nick at Night’ so I enjoyed the throwbacks to Dick Van Dyke and Bewitched. You can tell something is going on they haven’t hit upon yet. I’m excited to see where this is going. I hope we get another 2 episodes next week.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the first two episodes. Plenty of laughs (they WERE spoofing sitcoms after all), but enough little things to start giving some hints of the bigger picture.

1 Like

Watched both episodes. Good, not great. Feel like Ive seen this type of story before…

After what Roger Wardell tweeted about on December 26th, I’d DEFINITELY pay attention to his other tweets about upcoming Disney+ shows.

I was turned off by the whole thing. Wanted to love it. Couldn’t get through the first episode. Does this turn into a regular marvel experience at some point?

2 Likes

I think it is a slow burn where it starts out mostly cute and sitcom styled before morphing into something more epic and wild. They’ve got 9(?) episodes to work with, after all.

4 Likes

I think we’re looking at a Truman show/ that one avengers story arc about the idyllic little town run by Hydra and that cosmic cube little girl. The first two look like setting up a status quo that is going to get broken soon.

1 Like

Spoilers and theories…

I love it. We know Vision was killed by Thanos in Infinity War so is this a mental break down where she has altered reality to make him alive or is someone doing this to her or a mix of the two? In the end of each episode we can see someone is watching her on monitors which obviously clues us in that someone else is in on this. You can spot a picture of Simon Williams, Wonder Man, in their home and in the credits of episode 2 which are animated there is a helmet that looks like the Grim Reapers. Rumors have said Mephisto may appear so a decent working theory would be that maybe Wanda doesn’t know she can alter reality or maybe she will never have those powers in the MCU so she could have made a deal with Mephisto to bring Vision back and making a deal with the devil never works out how you want it to.

Chaos ensues
???
Profit

3 Likes