We all hate store variants but

1 Like

It’s an issue stemming from all of us living in a patriarchal society that has ingrained that men showing any kind of emotional response to any situation is “unmanly”. Sad to see him having those internal struggles against himself.

1 Like

hard to feel bad for the guy who put out dum dum suckers at his table after ripping a bunch of people off

3 Likes

This whole thing is just madness.

3 Likes

This :100:

What’s that old saying about what goes around comes around? Yea… exactly. No sympathy here.

2 Likes

Late to the party but this is great

4 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

4 Likes

@Alana how many Crain Infinity Gauntlet store exclusives you still holding on to?

1 Like

I never really followed Crain or Black Flag comics but in just a very quick look at their Facebook and Instagram sites (for Black Flag)…I just find it really sort of odd/interesting. They just seem like the “CLAYTON CRAIN” store. Going back as far as I felt necessary that is all you see. Nothing but Crain, pictures of Crain, his art, his appearances. I understand that he is (perhaps was) a comic superstar but you have a what appears to be a comic book company but it just appears to be a front or Crain worship service. The entire business model was Crain.

Has anyone followed this company long term? Do they offer any other comic book stuff/displays/sales?

Even if you start looking at the varied family/comic family pictures…just a bit odd. I guess it is easy to look the pics and assume some questionable stuff with the current knowledge of what happened. I feel like it’s pretty apparent though with just a cursory glance at some of the pictures.
The guy knows and talks about his homewrecker status, oddball behavior with women, etc…and just goes about having the guy imbedded in his family, constantly around/dealing with his wife. Hell no if that was me.

Whole thing is just whack a doodle weird to me.

1 Like

Unknown comics is similar with David Nakayama.

3 Likes

Interesting (and thanks for that as I didn’t realize it was more common). Perhaps it is just the way things work now with companies, variants, artists.
I guess if you have a winning horse, you ride it hard and put it away wet.
Seems like a comic book company should still be a bit more diversified

1 Like

There are three sides to every triangle.

Not that I would want anyone’s wife to stay in an unhappy marriage, but she (April?) did up and leave their daughter too. Or is she old enough not to have them as legal guardians?

He can hate Crain’s guts and call him out, and Crain is a sleeze for playing along and his role in this…but she’s the one who left. She made the choice. However he doesn’t own her, so Crain didn’t “steal” anything.

Not sure the circumstances…maybe he calls her a pnssy and chases her around with a gun too. Maybe he is the model husband and has showered her with praise and gifts for 20 years. I dunno. Hearing only one side of this.

I do think Crain will be laying low for a while. Wonder when he’ll show up next, and what reception he’ll get.

3 Likes

Unknown comics also had a big love for Tyler Kirkham. That was possibly because when the owner of Unknown worked for Hastings (he found artists for their exclusive covers), the first Hasting’s cover was made by Kirkham. So when Hastings went under, he bought all the inventory from the stores he could, and opened his own. They don’t do much with Kirkham like they did.

I also read that Crain was part owner of Black Flag. Looking at how this all has transpired, he must have been in good with an owner lol

I have the three gauntlet covers to complete the triangle of fists.

Looks like Clayton Crain moved his exclusives to East side comics, watch out for your wife’s on the East side.

6 Likes

See my post above…lol

2 Likes
2 Likes

I did the same thing years ago. Didn’t start my own store though.

2 Likes