We all hate store variants but

Oh how quickly this will blow up… :smiling_face: :smirk:

3 Likes

Yeah, people were giving me shit right off the bat for posting it in the Frankies group and asking about it. All he would say was, did you call or email about your concern? Wouldn’t address the filing until he had to.

2 Likes

Especially since it looks like he’s still selling Ivan Tao Exclusives.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Seeing as Dorksidetoys and Old Republic Collectibles both went out of business in the past two weeks leaving tons of toy collectors out hundreds of dollars and with no reasonable expectation of receiving their pre-orders, I’d say you were perfectly entitled to discuss this publicly available information.

9 Likes

Kevin Fields is a douche. Hell, most of these store variant guys are douche bags. The faster they go bye-bye, the better

3 Likes

I think his position on that post is overly optimistic. While true the company is protected from debt collection activities from creditors (for now, pending a resolution which may involve a payment plan), future creditors will not look favorably extending credit after this filing.

4 Likes

Shopify and PayPal will be headaches for sure, but I’d wager Frankie’s will use someone else’s accounts (or piggyback) to get books from Lunar, PRH and Diamond. How this unfolds will be interesting from a plane crash perspective as well as testing more than a few bankruptcy laws.

1 Like

Maybe. Bankruptcy courts know what they are doing. They don’t look kindly on hiding assets or setting up puppet entities.

1 Like

Oh, I never insinuated that he would be successful, merely that more than a few of the bankruptcy laws would be tested. I think this is going to be very, very ugly.

2 Likes

Hahahaha

1 Like

Just addding random stuff, I bought a sketch book from Anna Zhuo with a custom sketch on the cover and she did an awesome job and was super easy to work with and was packaged well, she’s a class act

5 Likes

Agree 100% @drunkwooky

@LoveBox Anna is super cool and awesome!. Funny she posted that and Kevin comes back with Please send me a PM to address your concerns lol. I thought he wanted to post this public and to comment below with any questions?. Guess not?..

TAO will probably never get paid and Kevin (FRANKIES) has no concern doing so obviously if he added him to the filing and not paying him before doing that?. That’s messed up…

5 Likes

i get how they owe marvel/penguin so much, but titan ?

He did some exclusives with Titan. Stars Wars stuff

Maybe this will be the beginning of a lot of these “store exclusive” shops going away. I would love to see everyone be successful, but like many collectors, i grow tired of store exclusives every week. One a quarter would be more than enough for these shops.

4 Likes

Saw the post this morning on Facebook. Glad I don’t have outstanding orders with any exclusives for any shop at the moment. The next 6-12 months is really going to test the resolve of shops, I’m afraid to say.

But we all know when the money gets tight, exclusives are the first thing to get the axe.

2 Likes

I am not alleging any issue but I have been getting a ton of sale and discount emails from Unknown. Oddly I have never had an order from them fulfilled. Everything ever ordered was “canceled at buyers request” even on books I never requested canceled.

Anyway, Frankie’s has always had a policy where they don’t discount and blow out old stock. Wonder how much stock they are sitting on.

2 Likes

I suspect the market will be healthier if the money spent on exclusives gets assigned to different parts of the market.

3 Likes

Yeah like paying the artisrs they commission for these exclusives

1 Like