We all hate store variants but

Anybody track down the Batman/Spawn Barnes and Noble exclusive? They are selling quite well on eBay so far. I’m guessing the print run isn’t exactly small here, and I’d bet the open order covers are dollar bin books in 6 months.

But, this was was heating up a bit. I figured I’d do the “buy two, sell one to pay for my copy” deal. I was near a B&N over lunch, so I stopped in and asked if they had it. “Yeah, it’s probably in a box somewhere and that’s where it’ll stay until we get to it.”

Wow. You’d think with traditional bookstores dying, they’d be a bit more eager to make a sale.

3 Likes

So I like this Miles villain Rabble because we already know it’s a new character and not an existing one under the mask. Good to get in on Miles specific characters since he doesn’t have too many that are just for him. Like Starling for example.

Rabble is on the cover of the 1:50 (which is my fav of all the covers) and the 1:10 which is OK. If you’re priced out of the 1:50, I think this store exclusive looks better than the 1:10, but because it’s a store exclusive I’m not sure it’ll really heat up. Trade is limited to 3000 copies.

Thoughts?

I was just coming here to ask about the Barnes and Nobles Batman Spawn issue. I didn’t even know it existed until today. I wasn’t sure if it was a preorder I missed out on or what. It’s not on their website. If I still have a chance, I’ll go to a physical store tomorrow after work. I haven’t been to a B&N in years so I wouldn’t know where to look in the store.

1 Like

Near the magazine section.

1 Like

1 Like

Creativity and uniqueness at it’s absolute finest. I’m proud of you Marvel.

4 Likes

nope

4 Likes

I’ll be waiting for Mr. Sinister’s Storm and Cyclops “SummersStorm”… or shall I say Sh*tStorm

5 Likes

Hell no

3 Likes

Wow this sucks lol

3 Likes

Star Wars High Republic #4 Kirkham exclusive…
Pre-sale starts on Dec. 21st

I am seeing that Frankie’s has filed for chapter 11.

3 Likes

Oh dear. Don’t they owe a lot of people a lot of variants?

Looks like he filed on 12/14/2022:

The business is deeply in debt:

$942,221.81 by my number-crunching.
Apparently, he is claiming there are no assets to pay any of these unsecured creditors.

The IRS, North Carolina Department of Revenue are in their. So, those are for this year’s or possible back taxes.

Ivan Tao, the artist is a creditor for $6,000 so he never got paid. The rest is comic distributors, loans, and unpaid rent.

1 Like

Damn. And, that’s just the 20 largest, right? There could be a ton of smaller ones not listed here. I really don’t know how any company doing a zillion store exclusives as their primary business model make any money. For every quick sell out cover, I’d bet there are 20+ that don’t come close to selling out.

1 Like

apparently he has a bad gambling problem

Correct.

Someone break it down cor me since im not a legal expert. What can a company or in this case Frankie’s comic do since they don’t have enough money to pay back the massive debt they owe and are bankrupt?

For the time-being there is an “automatic stay” on any debt collection activity from Frankie’s creditors.

The bankruptcy court will examine the company’s assets. Frankie’s claimed, in its original filing, that it had no assets capable of paying the creditors. However, they just announced a WhatNot auction today. So, who knows if the Bankruptcy Court is aware of that sale. Usually these types of sales are overseen by the bankruptcy court to distribute proceeds among creditors.

At any rate, I’d imagine the majority of these creditors will get nothing, except the IRS and NC Department of Revenue.

1 Like

frankies 001

2 Likes