We all hate store variants but

You mean Borders was in financial trouble when they’d send a 40% or 50% off coupon nearly daily some years ago? I need to swing by my nearest Borders and ask about that. Wait…

2 Likes

I attempted one order from Unknown and it got unfulfilled around the same time Anthony did and his shit got canceled too. Never got any emails from them besides the “order” type of email from that initial one.

Couple weeks back I start getting up to 3 emails a day from them, marketing. I knew then they were in trouble. I quickly unsubscribed from that bullshit!

2 Likes

Although the New Years resolution is in another thread, in reading about Unsubscribing; that’s exactly what I did on January 1. 15+ spam emails including Heritage, Hildebrandt, Anthony’s Collectibles, Multiple Comic stores, etc… were wiped out.
They seriously just don’t know how to simply send an email out once every couple weeks or so. Oh no no no no no - it’s every day or every other day. Eff them all

6 Likes

I just noticed that Unknown comics seem to have stopped selling cgc options for their exclusives.

3 Likes

Trouble brewing…

1 Like

Plus “warehouse finds”. Not very good

1 Like

I suspected something when their top 10 FOC YouTube vid went to top 5.

1 Like

Oh my mistake. They have a separate site it seems

Are you referring to MIdtown Comics? Daily Deals/Weekly Deals?

Crap. I have one outstanding order with Unknown from November. It is being held up by the Star Wars High Republic One Shot. The book has been delayed for a while. Any body know the release date? I hope soon so they can ship my last order before the go under.

Where is it confirmed they are “going under?”

Seems like speculation….looking for facts.

I’m no lawyer, but If they filed already, then I believe Diamond/Penguin would be listed in that documentation and they would then halt all shipment of product to them.

At least, that’s what happened to one of my LCS’s. He said he hasn’t been able to get new books for a couple months when I asked about my pull list.

I would hope if they filed, they would not be allowed to take any new pre-orders through their website…? At least that seems wrong if they did.

1 Like

Just speculation at this point.

Speaking of shipments what is an acceptable time to wait for an order to be placed for an in stock item at these types of retailers before making contact?

I ordered a book on the 2nd Jan and have had no update on the shipment, book was released in 2020 so I know its in stock and no other orders with it.

Doesn’t hurt to reach out. The timing of your order is probably one of the worst timings you could have had assuming the shop took a break for the holiday, and resumed operations on Jan 2/3 (and had other orders to get through first). But no one’s going to scream at you just for sending an email and following up. A full week I would think is more than enough time usually for an in stock order to show movement unless the shop has something up to tell you otherwise.

1 Like

I would call, not email, right away. I placed an order last April with them for older exclusive comics that I knew were in stock. After waiting almost a month, I emailed them. A few days later, this was their response:

Hello,
Thank you for reaching out. The product(s) you have on this order is a sales item, and sales items typically take 4-6 weeks to process. These take a little longer to build due to the high volume of orders that are placed with these products. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

That was annoying because, like I said, they were older books and I don’t care how busy you are, it shouldn’t take 4-6 weeks to ship in stock books. I reluctantly waited past the 6 week point, and still received nothing. I finally called and spoke to a lady and my items were shipped the next day.

Like I said, call to check on your order. Emailing them is worthless.

2 Likes

Comics dont take 4-6 weeks to process. 1-2 days tops.

Lazy ass comic stores giving you the run-around…

8 Likes

If I sold something on eBay and told people it would take me 4 to 6 weeks to ship it they would cancel right away!

4 Likes

I had a medical emergency and told a buyer it was going to be a week before I could ship a book, and they still asked to cancel.

So I did.

1 Like

Every single pre-order I ever made from them came 2-3 weeks minimum after release date. Made the mistake of ordering a blind box and it took eight. Never again.

I had about 5 ebay orders ready to ship when I broke my ankle in November. I did everything I could to get them out. One went out way too later for Christmas as somebody intended, so I just refunded them and sent the books anyway.

Communicated the whole time about exactly what was happening. That’s the key. Communication.

5 Likes