We all hate store variants but

Honestly Kevin Fields is just stringing along his customers. Giving them false hope for their orders. He knew the problem, and honestly if someone hadn’t called him out, would he ever disclose it to his customers? Just the audacity of warranting selling on whatnot while you have customer orders unfulfilled. Are they going to use the whatnot money for shipping expense of these unfulfilled orders? Magic 8 ball says no. It will be another post about how they don’t have the funds to ship these orders becauae the artists need to be paid, or lawyers, or something else. Writing has been on the wall since the post came out. Get your refunds and move on

6 Likes

I have no dog in the fight because I haven’t ordered from them in forever. It will not be a “he will say” as it is up to what the courts say. More than likely he will have to liquidate all the books he has (and may have already started doing so by looking at Unknown selling his variants) including those that are owed to customers.

A prime example of the customers getting screwed are gift cards. Gift cards are essentially loans to be repaid in merchandise later. When a company goes bankrupt gift card holders are one of the last to get paid and usually never do because there is nothing left to pay them out of.

1 Like

I made a comment about him selling on whatnot, and possibly setting the money aside to pay some of his debts when the time comes. And this is what i get when i load up the group :rofl:

1 Like

You got the boot

1 Like
1 Like

To be fair, this will be one of the few required debts to be paid in order for them to get a plan approved by the court. It’s an administrative claim that is higher in priority than every other creditor named in their petition.

1 Like

That i did. Now i can’t keep up with the drama :confused:

I feel like I should join a Frankie’s Whatnot show and ask if they’re going to ever fulfill all the previous orders. See how long it takes to be kicked out of a Whatnot show for the first time ever…

3 Likes

I also was going to do the same. I’ve popped in recently, and nobody was talking about them being bankrupt

1 Like

Anyone who has probably gets blocked pretty quick. And Whatnot users in general are very in favor of exclusive shops.

1 Like

Mine closed first of the year.

Where will I get my pillows if BB&B closes. Laugh if you want but I use very specific king sized pillows that cost me about $100 each, I use two, and that’s the only place I know that sells them.

1 Like

If you know the company you could see if they sell what you’re after directly. I’m picky about pillows too so I sympathize.

Got my pillows from Jordan’s Furniture, I think.

Bed Bath BeGone?

Why would people even join in on an auction being done by a company who has filed bankruptcy and has unfulfilled orders?

I’d be worried my order never comes through dealing with that so would just skip the auction.

6 Likes

Through Whatnot the books have to be shipped for them to get their money. In fact, the books have to be received in order for them to get the money. Whatnot acts as an escrow

Plus they want to lowball things

3 Likes

Ah ok makes sense then why people woupd bid. I haven’t used whatnot before :smile:

1 Like

Smart smart smart man

2 Likes

They aren’t selling the books they already sold to others, right?