We all hate store variants but

They shouldn’t be.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be, but honestly never know

1 Like

I’m not one for conspiracies……but I’m not sure what would stop a company in such a situation or how the company could be held accountable if they did?

Seems like a possible loop hole that could be exploited…if a company chose to do so…

Not saying Frankie’s would…just wondering what (other than morales) would stop /catch them?

1 Like

I guess the question comes down to, if the courts do not restructure in a way that allows the customers to receive their books, because of the creditors being so small and unnamed, there would be potentially nothing to stop them from selling the books off to pay the larger creditors. Speculation all, not sure how the courts will decide.

My solution in all this is to never buy anything from Frankie’s ever again.

4 Likes

Don’t worry. If they survive They’ll change their name so most won’t even know!

I bought my last king size pillows off Amazon and they are great!

I’m one step ahead of you, I never ordered anything from them. :wink:

1 Like

Limited to 800? Were the other 1200 copies going?

4 Likes

1200? Shouldn’t that be 2200 copies?

1 Like

Ha. Yeah. Typo.

Extra copies saved. In case of bankruptcy.

3 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw this…plus 1000.

$35 right?

Hard Pass.

1 Like

Stores have been doing this a lot lately. Trades being limited to 800 and virgins being limited to 600.

One of the newest I saw was trade limited to 666 copies. Certificate of authenticity :smile: if they want to start doing this crap they need to start numbering the books on the cover but then again once they do that we will quickly see there are far more copies in circulation.

3 Likes

A whole lot of “AP” certificates started coming out with the Trinity Mando cover.

1 Like

Certificate of Authenticity’s are pointless and utter crap if given by the same company or manufacturer producing or selling the item. Imagine the con man telling you you’re buying one of a kind item from him (he’s got a bag full of them) and they whip out a COA that he produced to give you that warm fuzzy feeling your item is special… MMMMmmmm… Hmmmmm… :thinking:

4 Likes

Matthew Page? Lately I’ve been wondering what new sleazy ways he’s practising to get money out of people.

2 Likes

The only “true” COA might be to have all copies immediately graded and numbered on the slab by CGC or CBCS. Having an agreement to screen x number and the rest are never to make it to market in raw or graded form.

good luck trying to execute that plan.

Every other method likely could be counterfeited with various levels of ease.

Midtown comics COA’s?
Is someone really trying to Forge a name AND create fake COA’s for a $5 - $10 book?
If so, bravo, you have more time on your hands and less brains than you know what to do with.

COA’s on expensive comics out of gate - yea… definitely a problem

1 Like

COA for a signature on a raw book makes sense and yes, for the little amount you pay, these are okay in my opinion. My stance on them was mostly for the limited edition type stuff, claiming only X amount exist with no 3rd party governing type of check or body is in place to verify such things. You’re just taking their word for it…

3 Likes