We all hate store variants but

Available now.

In for two but had I been patient I may have had a 10% coupon code for Mutant Beaver. Oh well!

Isnā€™t Mutant Beaver in Canada. Would you have lost out on shipping?

I donā€™t even know where this goesā€¦ interesting idea. Scottā€™s Collectibles and ecggc are sharing this:

So you can upload a design of whatever you want and they print it into a card and slab it?

Yet the misspelled Ph34r on the cards as F34r

1 Like

I donā€™t know about that. Seems like there may be some copy-write laws that might get in the way.

But are they creating cards that are ā€œbornā€ encased in plastic?

I think they just have an agreement to use the cover art to create limited cards that are then graded and encased. Their registry gives an idea of how many of each were minted (looks like 100 or less).

It may be another avenue for artists to add a revenue stream. Particularly for digital artists who donā€™t/canā€™t sell their original art (unless you count NFTā€™s).

Yeah, somebody sold their email subscriber list. Now Iā€™m getting emails from ā€œLunatic Comicsā€ who Iā€™ve never once ordered from before.

Black Cape went under and I know where all their old stock is.

1 Like

where?

Iā€™m guessing in that new discount section of Third Eye Comicsā€¦they seem to have had some affiliation in the past.

2 Likes

All I can say is I have seen bags and boards in bins. Black Capeā€™s website said they are no longer taking orders as of like last summer and never resumed.

This is an aptly named email, because this is ā€œanother oneā€ of the comic stores Iā€™ve never dealt with.

Our emails have been sold by somebody. Probably Frankieā€™s out of bankruptcy.

comicxposure

1 Like

I bought from them 1 time and I remember the sale quite vividly.
They listed a bunch of Genus (Antarctic Press) in a lot that included #1 and guess which other was peaking out from the lot - yep ā€¦ #2. It was a BIN that happened to pop up as I have Genus & Genus #2 on my watchlist for years and years

Grand total was in the $35+ range; donā€™t remember exactly.
Genus #2 is not a book that shows up often; particularly in high grade. And itā€™s a 90s book

1 Like

Really wanted these but the shipping kills it.

1 Like

Got one. Came with a famous FB spine tick.

Woud have preferred a different artist but at least there is a new character foil to go with the amazing Chun-li 1:5 cover.

With such thick thighs, I would have expected that booty to be more fullā€¦

5 Likes