He is more of a boob guy.

1 Like

Then he’s missing out lol jk jk

1 Like

Maybe its a connecting cover

1 Like

Jenny Frison Boom exclusive for power rangers

I came across this on his site

Crazy how frison covers are literally all the same, girl with ethereal eyes staring straight at you, yet she doesn’t get nearly half the crap that some of these other artists who do similar poses/covers get. (I also like frison, just realized how no one ever bashes her or talks about this with her).

4 Likes

Was watching the hot ten show on cbsi and they showed off this exclusive, how on earth do you even get a 1 of 1 if it is apparently? I already don’t trust retailers offering super low print runs from marvel or dc but this is ridiculous.

print 1k, destroy 999, and you have a faux 1 of 1

3 Likes

Wow! A one of one AND it just happened to get a CGC 10.0!!! Again, just WOW! What are the odds!
CGC is not what it used to be.

7 Likes

:arrow_up: :arrow_up:

Yeaaaaaaaaa

that screams SCAM

a 1/1 (scam) AND its a cgc 10 (scam)
? c’mon

Im sick and tired of these “stores” coming up with new bullshit schemes to sell their store variants
!!! fake ratios and now 1 copies
 THEY ARE DESTROYING BOOKS THEY PAID FOR. It makes no business sense. They are only doing this to trick “collectors” and flippers. They keep trying to raise the bar because just flat out trying to sell 3000 copies doesnt interest buyers anymore, apparently. Whats next, blind bag variants ???

The guys running these “companies” are immature adults.

6 Likes

He sold 259 boxes at $250 each. That’s $64,750.

That was for $25k “value” of comics. Then he did the 1 of 1. I am sure he still made out ok.

1 Like

Mystery boxes are always a SCAM. It’s just unsold books

Lots of suckers out there

4 Likes

So he printed 1000 copies and pre-screened them all for a 10?

Considering there are hundreds of books on the census with more than 1000 copies graded of which 99.9% of them don’t have a 10 grade makes this all seem way too suspicious.

Also isn’t it $9 per reject? So potential $9991 lose if he hit the 10 grade on the last book. Nah this is just stupid, crap like this needs to be fully documented with a video and the graders going througg every book to say why this got a 10 and the other 999 copies didn’t as well as CGC then destroying the 999 copies.

■■■■■■■ youtubers and their crap in this hobby is getting annoying. Also pains me to say if but this isn’t a great Andolfo cover, looks weird

5 Likes

I can’t speak to all his offerings, but here’s an example I can share because I bought one.

He offered a W0rldrt33 #1 by Tyler Kirkham, limited to 100, guaranteed CGC 9.8 or better for $150.

He explained: “The entire print runs will be sent directly from the printer to CGC, they pick the respective numbers of books (100 for workdtree (sic), 75 for SIKTC) that are 9.8 or better (I did verify that 9.9’s and 10’s are a possibility) encapsulate them, individually number them on the label and destroy the extra copies. I’m also required to send documentation verifying the quantity ordered.”

Out of the 100 selected by CGC, they came back with 2 10.0 (one of which he kept for himself - he’s basically guaranteeing himself the best book of the run - an automatic win) and 12 9.9’s.

He did a random.org draw on Instagram for the other 10 and the 12 9.9’s.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtfIgntumDb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I was lucky enough to win one of the 9.9’s, so I was satisfied with the transaction.

I suppose if it’s a one of a kind, with no others to compare to, then any defect is likely a manufacturing defect and thereby may not be considered to count against the grade.

Not saying it’s right, but I can see the argument supporting a 10.0 assigned grade. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Panini is actually doing blind bag variants , with there being a 1 of 1 Miles variant, seen a bunch of people on my IG chasing it, even Dell Otto himself

This is all wizards of the coast fault. Scummy comic shops see the magic world going bananas mode for the 1/1 Ring, and want to cash in on that hype with these “1/1”. SMH

4 Likes

I saw that awhile ago on the CGC forums.

1 Like

If people want to chase these ridiculous 1/1 concepts, whatever, but I hate the enormous physical waste of printing/shipping thousands of books only to be (allegedly) destroyed.

3 Likes