We all hate store variants but

What is the deal with bubble gum anyway?

2 Likes

Makes it easy to hide the face features so the artist doesn’t have to draw them
 :wink:

4 Likes

Some people think it makes a character seem youtful and rebellious i guess. Mr long short and a few other comic people really like them.

I get it is a thing now. Just don’t understand it.

1 Like

Don’t give them any ideas. lol

Check this out.

1 Like

Oh boy

2 Likes

looks weird without the trade dress

1 Like

I agree

1 Like

There was a reason the book had a trade dress in the first place; to invoke a fashion magazine, like Vogue. Taking that away, Mary Jane looks like she’s taking a shit.

I get it, stores want to do virgins on covers for the 2nd print to get the 1:25 variants

But this was absolutely a dumb move.

6 Likes

Once you said “taking a shit” I can’t unsee it. lol

4 Likes

She needs a squatty potty

2 Likes

Very few changes needed for a Do You Pooh? cover

4 Likes

You made me laugh with this comment.

1 Like

He didn’t even need to say it and I cannot unsee it.

This is a perfect example of Marvel completely not caring about the integrity of their product. This had no business being a Virgin variant, and they should not have offered it out as such. It wreaks of sell-out.

I suppose everyone has their price, but I’m sure their price was no higher than any other trade dress turned virgin.

Pathetic, Marvel.

6 Likes

1 Like

That one doesn’t work for me

5 Likes

If only people didn’t buy these excessive store variants we wouldn’t be having to tolerate them. I think it’s the stores marketing that’s the bad part. Specifically the number of copies available and some claims of books being destroyed to lower the number of copies. I don’t mind that stores do them.

2 Likes