We all hate store variants but

tell me how with only 250 “printed” they can offer so many options AND CGC 9.8 copies… ?

1 Like

only had 50 signed and 50 raw, and signed have only 5 left

well…i saw that.

no telling how many books get submitted to CGC for a 9.8…

250 “produced” just means that’s the total they are offering to the public at this point in time.

We all know they print more, and those extra copies are held over for damages, going to artists, writers, editors, friends or stashed away for a rainy day.

4 Likes

Bry:

Has this changed your opinion on mystery boxes/packs and did you pick up one of the above?

No.

Finally, given the price of Spider-man #667, what do you think these Dell’Otto books will fetch in the aftermarket?

Nice (not so) subtle pump there…

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

WTH! My gosh. People are NVTS nuts if real. And that’s a big “if”

Oh the lovely books I could by for $3000….

3 Likes

So how does “Vintage Stuff” get ahold of these Bry’s comics 9.9’s……

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I hate store variants and refuse to participate in these scams.

6 Likes

I’ll buy a store variant in very limited circumstances. It’s cheap and I like the cover and just wanna keep it. So maybe once a year?

I don’t know, self manufactured rarity just doesn’t sit well with me.

4 Likes

I buy store exclusives if the price is right and its an artist I collect. Dont care about BS scarcity or anything else other than the artwork that was done. Whether they say its limited to 100 or 50000 doesn’t make a difference, I’m not buying them for an investment or to resell I’m buying them for the love of the hobby and artists work.

True that the BS around it is rather annoying but stores need to sell a product and those exclusives aren’t any less of a scam than the books that get pumped weekly by top whatever lists that people here will happily profit off knowing they won’t be worth anything down the line. Hypocracy is a terrible thing, don’t be like that, own the BS you sell as should stores.

2 Likes

I’m certainly not a lawyer and when it is a couple hundred bucks it’s not worth it BUT isn’t this a fraud case? Regardless if he knew or not it will significantly impact the value and the original copy or marketing is false. Granted he could sue who ever used the art without his knowledge it to cover if he loses but this seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Any lawyers out there who can refute or confirm?

2 Likes

No disputing that.

I would say there is a bit of a difference on this one, hear me out, the books on the lists people are profiting on have a set market value. We are not setting the value, and they are not based on artificial demand. He charged $250 a box for 500 boxes promising the rarest Dell Otto cover. He then used the $40,000 Amazing Spider-man #667 Dell Otto cover as comparison… Then it turns out that it was not the rarest, but had been used before… So he made $125,000 off it, before costs.

1 Like

Thats sounds like a straight up scam to me…

Is he giving the money back?

1 Like

How much were the transformers ashcan selling for at sdcc? Thought about getting one but stuck to my guns about not buying store and con exclusives. Didn’t see anything there that I wanted for my pc so didn’t want any of the fine folks at Chu to wait in line for me. Thanks for helping out the community all.

$20 for the color, B&W was only available at a panel

3 Likes

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 32 OKAZAKI VARIANT

Eastside Comics exclusive

1 Like

I’m irritated by that book, who the hell gets Okazaki for a cover and thinks its a good idea for him to do a shitty homage cover? What a waste of an artist.

6 Likes

But he’s blowing a bubble gum bubble. BUBBLE GUM!

2 Likes