We all hate store variants but

Mandalorian S2 #5 NYCC Exclusive Color Virgin Variant by E.M Gist

Trinity Comics

3 Likes

First store variants I bought in a while.

1 Like

Key Collector just created an NYCC Exclusive tab.
Went through in its entirety.
I’d estimate that 80 - 90% of the books in that category are store/business variants cleverly disguised as NYCC variants that just happen to be available at NYCC.
Loaded with “available at booth XYX” which is shorthand for the store/business booth.

Sneaky bastards everywhere

7 Likes

Jus finished a YouTube segment and GD I didn’t realize how many variants there were. Smh. I got the star wars Gist I wanted. Maybe those juskp Spider-Man but I hate comic mint

1 Like

Feel free to point out any actual “convention exclusives”
I suspect very few of these will sell out at NYCC, and most of these books will be available on the store website shortly thereafter.

The number of books is pretty crazy. I only see one or two that even interest me.

5 Likes

Yea
 I agree.
I was being “conservative” by indicating 80 - 90 but it might literally be 100% store/business exclusives. My eyes were spinning after scrolling down an endless list. :slight_smile:

Because I only attend one comic con a year (Phoenix Fan Fusion), I used to wait for the SDCC/NYCC threads to pore over what will be available and see if I could have someone pick up items and make it worth their time.

Too many exclusives, “con exclusives” not exclusively available at con’s, shady print runs, etc. Now, I don’t even bother. I still enjoy the threads and seeing what is available, but I don’t participate in buying.

4 Likes

This is typically where I am at as well.
It used to be Marvel booth exclusives, IDW booth exclusives, Dark Horse booth exclusives, BOOM booth exclusives.

Today it is Booth XYZ exclusive (hidden meaning Comic Mint)
Booth ABC exclusive (hidden meaning Trinity Comics)
Booth JKL exclusive (hidden meaning Spectral comics)

Just not having it. Nope Nope Nope. Store variants hidden as traditional Con variants - nice try guys

4 Likes

6 Likes

What a fiasco. I feel so bad for the people affected by this.

3 Likes

That anyone would send this business a nickel with all they’ve done is just utterly bewildering to me.

4 Likes

Nice to see Mr. Bolo/WhatNot still supporting these guys
 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Count me in the group that doesn’t need to be in their facebook group anymore.

4 Likes

I didn’t respond to the message. Also waiting for TCM to fix the order they said they were going to fix. Gonna send a follow up this week.

Isn’t that the guy (Jack) who DJs at NYCC WhatNot and has no concept of what loud and unruly noise pollution is?

2 Likes

I just like how he claims to be a “forever Frankie’s guy” while they’re basically liquidating their business under Chapter 7
 Wonder who becomes the next “forever” for this bozo the clown?

3 Likes

I’m forever a Montgomery Ward guy! Woot! Wait, what happened?

3 Likes

I still own stock in Circuit City. I am with them until they die.

2 Likes

In all seriousness, Circuit City still exists in some form? Are they online only like RadioShack or something?

bottleneck doing a tmnt variant comic soon

1 Like