We all hate store variants but

got this too and wondered the same. Unsubscribe, no thanks I get enough of these daily.

1 Like

I reported it as spam myself. Never heard of them, half their social channels don’t exist, and they obviously got my email from something else.

Surprised it took this long
 :rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe I’m the only one, but this character design feels straight out of early 90s Image. I’d expect this dude in a Cyberforce or Wetworks book. Again, maybe it’s just me, but this seems like a throw-away character.

4 Likes

A lot of people thought it was Cyclops.

2 Likes

Like me.

I know I am a fool but Elvira plus Adam Hughes. I had to get it. Had some Shop pay credits that made this one cheap for me

5 Likes

Is that the original art you purchased??
I remember him doing that commission for someone about 10 years ago or so.

No. Comic variant.

1 Like

Ahh ok.
His last commission rate for works such as this was (I believe) $6k at the comic art con in Orlando last month.

Most of what o see him doing any more are sideways catwoman head sketches.

1 Like

I have a CGC SS 9.8 Wonder Woman AH (sideways) sketch from 2013, colored by his wife Allison Sohn that I bought from someone else for around $250 in 2015.

If people are paying $6k, those sketches must be staying in collections because people are not getting anywhere near that on resale (only looking at eBay).

1 Like

The cover that Anthony posted I would call a “commission”. At ComicartCon in Orlando, the full 11x17 rate was $6k for the quality shown in that store variant cover.

Adam also does quick head sketches that take him about 3 minutes to complete. Allison then colors them for additional charge. Those quick “sketches” do go for $200+ depending on choice of character, etc

1 Like

I wish I knew which store sold my email on a list. Now I am getting emails from Sleeping Giant as well. Never heard of them, never ordered from them. Don’t want their emails or them to have my email address.

This is two new store exclusive companies that have started emailing me.

I haven’t got any from them yet so if you list all the shops you buy from we can do process of elimination. Or you can email them and say you live in california and under CCPA act you want your info removed and to know where it’s being purchased from.

No one wants to live in California.

4 Likes

I’m addicted to living in central time because we get TV shows earlier. I like it.

1 Like

I would move there if it wasn’t so expensive
and the earth quakes.

I like my ground not moving beneath me.

‘Baywatch’ Is Getting an ‘Action-Packed’ Reboot (yahoo.com)

Question will be where will they shoot it. The original had everything from earthquakes, to out of control fires, tidal surges, tsunamis and a lot of really bad shark footage so California may not be the place to redo it. Although if you want action, California definitely doesn’t look safe.

Maybe we can get a comic lasting longer than 4 issues this time as well.

I want to move back to Utah but the wife loves California