We Live #1

Actually, I didn’t notice first go round but as the books arrived undamaged, one book in this package was likely damaged prior to packing (no damage on backer board, bag or the package and all the other comics were pristine). I’ll be contacting TFAW tomorrow… @RipCityGamer

asm_49

asm_49_2

asm_49_3

Thanks. I put extra care into it when I saw it was you. When I ship to Poyo I throw the boxes like throwing stars.

2 Likes

Yeah you do. That’s why I use up an entire roll of tape when I ship to you just to annoy you… it’s totally worth the extra $5 of tape…

Yeah, it’s possible someonee got a little handsy packing it, or that it just got missed as being marked damaged when we were receiving. Our receiving team has been bearing the brunt of the extra work during COVID restrictions. For every item we get coming in each week (from Diamond, Lunar, and every other distributor) due to the way our building is configured to keep social distancing we can only have 2 people working at a time. So they have to get through a lot of things.

Sounds like you all should implement packing from home. Workers load up cars with comics and supplies, they pack from home… :wink:

If people start ordering based only what’s in inventory together in each person’s home that’s a great idea haha

So this book is blowing up big time. Sales of $40+. Any news I’m missing besides the start of a new series?

Just an awesome story with great art. Books are hot organically with no news which makes me happy. We Live has been a top of the pile read for me every month.

1 Like

A book in demand based on story and art? Who’dda think that’s possible with all these newbies chasing crappy first appearances… :wink:

2 Likes

All I’m saying is that the story and art have been out there for 4-5 months and NOW it is blowing up.

It makes me happy to see organic love of comics too. Gives me hope for the hobby!

1 Like

It did see some love off the bat though when the first issue arrived. So this is sort of round two but yes, seeing more love now probably cause more people are now seeking out the earlier issues.

Issue one sold for about $10 ever since it sold out on release day and then I think the twist in issue 5 caused the resurgence. I’m excited as well that’s it’s getting hot for non TV reasons.

1 Like

I started an ebay email alert on issue #1 a while back, prices seemed steady for a while after issue 5. It doesn’t feel as organic of a jump as expected based on story but seems like a lot of comics have jumped recently without news.

Initially it was reached around the $20 dollar mark though but yes, after that, was a steady $10 book until recently.

I had one listed for $20 for a while right after release but it never sold so I pulled it down, I’m glad I did now because I have 6 copies I just dug out that I thought would sit around forever.

I had to pay $30 for issue 5 because I’d never bothered to add it to my pull list and had just been buying off the shelf.

That’s not buying low, selling high… tsk tsk… :wink:

I actually bought it to read it since everyone was talking about it.

Would have saved you $15 or so… We Live TPB for $13.59 at TFAW :slight_smile:

It is a great story and deserves to get some attention. As Batman Fan said, it is refreshing when good work gets noticed, without any hype. Intriguing story and art, well executed idea! Brill.

I grabbed a Momoko cover set weeks ago, just because it is the type of story and characters that suits her art so well. Glad I did now : )

2 Likes

I rolling in batman fortnite money thanks to @Anthony so I get to splurge sometimes…