We only find them when they're dead

New one just dropped. Comic Mint. 500 copies total exist across all partners.

Even if they disclose a print run, take it with a grain of salt I say.

Yes, I saw that one and it’s not worth $20. I wouldn’t even pay cover price for the cover. It’s not bad artwork, it’s just not premium price artwork…

Yep, LOTS of variants for this one … and so far the variant with the lowest disclosed print run is the JonBoy Meyers colour hold variant with the caption “limited to 100”. Anyone want to predict the number of variants that will pop out for BRZRKR? :wink: … just saw an announcement from Boom Studios for a BRZRKR Kickstarter … interesting way to try and expand your audience, but how much more before the bubble bursts?

BRZRKR has a 1:100 so even with 500 print store exclusive thats only 5 copies of ratio so harder to hurt that book

Is that how ratio works? I’m a bit newer to this so do not fully understand how ratio works… I thought it was the number of copies a store had to order to unlock the variant at which time the store can then order as many of that variant as they want. But if I understand what you are saying it means that for every 100 copies sold there will only be one of this variant? Thanks in advance for your patience … always up for learning something new :slight_smile:

The latter is correct.

Let’s say Batman Comic has a 1:10, 1:25, 1:50, and 1:100 variant.

If we order 100 copies, we could order UP TO (you don’t HAVE to order them all) 10 1:10, 4 1:25, 2 1:50, and 1 1:100.

The other type of common incentive variant is something called a “thank you” incentive that publishers will sometimes send 1 of each to any stores who ordered ANY copies (even if you only ordered 1). Sometimes they just sent 1 to every store who’s signed up with the distributor. Those are the ones you see if you look on eBay for things like “thank you variant” or “1 per store variant”.

3 Likes

Got it! Thanks for the clarification… very much appreciated!

What site are you using for these estimated print run numbers? Ty

I use comichron.com for print runs

Comichron only shows order numbers from comic shops, not print run numbers. It’s like we are beating a dead horse at this point…

Did they announce the second print of this title yet? I remember during the retailer conference (nycc reedpop) that they annihnce the print run was somewhere around 80k across all covers.

Yes, it’s a good round about of what we think the print run will be or at least the amount out in the wild. But we’ll never know the true print runs unless the publishers disclose them and even then, they could just lie.

Absolutely, that makes perfect sense. Even a rough tool for projecting estimated print runs is better than the randomness of my own guesswork. This is super helpful, thank you all.

Although it’s only one of many factors, I can’t help but find an estimated lower print run to be very attractive lol

I cant find where tho but found the cover

Yes and comic shops are the ones that order the comics I can’t order direct from UCS or Diamond and if you can order from UCS or Diamond that would make you a comic shop and your orders counted by comichron. There’s no bookstores anymore.

There are though, few. But comics are likely also released in other ways as well. I’m sure the publishers have books sent to them directly from the printers they distribute out in other ways, employees, other direct sales or what not. I’d imagine TFAW doesn’t buy it’s Dark Horse books from Diamond, likely doing their own selling directly from the printers…

So yeah, that’s why it’s a round about ballpark value of print run, we only know of the books going through Diamond.

@RipCityGamer Are we going to be able to add this to our pre-orders? Thanks! https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL209105

1 Like

@RipCityGamer same question. I’m lookin for this book.

I can check in the morning and ask our purchasing team to add it. They’ve been swamped this week with the early FOC for Diamond and Lunar.

2 Likes