We sponsored a baseball team

Sweet! Good luck!

So the boys came up good this weekend. Maryland Youth Travel website brag post (not put up by me). Team photo in their pink uniforms. And my boy kissing his championship ring.

3 Likes

Nice. Big Papi looks like he had fun.

We had our first game today and got creamed. 12-1.

Here we go again, another tournament, another championship. This time Sports at the Beach Save Second Base Champions.

Our boy Joe, aka Yo-Yo put one out of the park. Again, thanks everyone who comes here as it makes memories for these boys possible

For the tournament, the boys were undefeated in 5 games, putting up 67 runs for and only allowing 11 against. 3 of those runs were because the guys switched spots on the field, so we had a catcher that never caught, a third baseman who usually catches, a lefty shortstop, and a pitcher who doesn’t pitch.

7 Likes

This is the closest I’ll ever be to being a part owner of a sports team, so I’ll take it.

1 Like

Team sponsorship is $500 to get your company logo on their banner and practice jerseys. Need to talk to someone in accounting @RipCityGamer

We did it again. This time we won Ripken Veteran’s Day Tournament. Went 4-0 all weekend putting up over 60 runs and only having 15 total scored against us. My son Joe batted .666 on the weekend with 4 RBI’s. Great weekend for baseball. Can’t wait for the banner to get in with the logo on it and the practice jerseys with the logo on it

5 Likes

Well done!

Ever since I’ve found CHU, I’ve closed all of my other browser tabs for news about comics. This place is the best and deserves every bit of attention.

Excellent work on encouraging your son to play - please tell him he’s got an entire army of comic fans rooting for him!

2 Likes

Thanks Lint.

Yeah it was Fenway not Wrigley, I put the video together at 1 AM.

1 Like

Wow, what happened to the Boston Skyline…? :wink:

The fields at Ripken are modeled after real ball fields, but instead of the Boston skyline you get the Aberdeen one.

Does the Fenway one come with simulated Boston sports fans who throw trash at the outfielders and yell obscenities?

Funny you should mention it. In this case, yes. So we were up by 10 runs on them and the coach had a melt down calling us trash and basically wanting us to take the foot of the pedal. But in these seed games it is not just about winning or losing, ranking is based also on runs for and runs against, so basically he was pissed that we were steam rolling their team, we ended up winning by over 20 runs. Needless to say he was pitching a fit, cussing, being rude. One of their dads went over and jacked the guy up and told him all his disrespectful behavior wasn’t helping put any runs on the board and making them look like asses. Needless to say he backed off.

We are playing them again at Ripken this weekend.

1 Like

Baseball season is back and we are in 9 states over the next 4 months. From New Jersey to Florida.

Needless to say Diamond Elite played our first tournament of the season and took home the victory. 5 undefeated games. Championship game we won 13-0.

My boy made his first mound appearances this weekend after injuring his elbow 2 years ago. Pitched 2 1/3 innings and recorded 3 strikeouts and two comeback pop flies back to the mound. Went 4 for 9 with a double and three singles and recorded 4 RBI’s.

Big boy just turned 12 on Friday.

CHU was gladly on display at the ballpark.

8 Likes

This is so awesome.

Happy 12th birthday!

Power of the CHU!

Diamond Elite is 2-0 on the weekend. Here are the practice shirts

5 Likes

What a great 48th birthday today. Diamond Elite went five games undefeated to take home The Who’s Who in Maryland championship. Best teams in the state competing. Watched a lot of great baseball. Son took a 70 MPH fastball to the helmet, shook it off, and yelled “Let’s Go” as he cheered on his team on the way down to first base. (He was really fine and it was hilarious as he skipped down like he was riding a pony). Needless to say the championship was a 23-7 blowout in favor of the kids in neon green. The toughest game was the #1 ranked team by many in the state as my son put down an unexpected bunt to move the runners in scoring position, worked perfectly as the next at bat was a shot putting the two runners home to take the 7-6 lead.

8 Likes

Haven’t posted on this in a while but it’s Father’s Day weekend. First game of the tournament was 19-0. Joe had 5 RBI’s on the night. Here is my Father’s Day gift and couldn’t be happier.

7 Likes