We sponsored a baseball team

Go team!

Four games undefeated to drop the final game. Joe drove in 2 of the three runs in the final but we came up short.

This one happened today

Also this was from our first game. Joe hit a homerun and a single in the same inning.

Ended up 7 for 14 with 15 RBI’s.

Not a bad Father’s Day

6 Likes

Been a while since I posted here. Joe had hurt his shoulder over the summer playing on a national tournament team, the boys took home that championship. He sat most of fall from the injury. He guest played this weekend at Ripken on the 90 foot diamond. Went 3 for four with a triple and two singles. Won MVP in the final game.

Sucky rainy weather and guest player jersey.

5 Likes

Again a long time since I posted here. Joe sat the fall due to the shoulder injury and came back stronger. He ended up leaving his tournament team to play summer uncommitted. We went to Fort Myers and ended up second in the Series Classic week long tournament. He won all tournament for pitching and batting. Followed up by his first 13u homerun on the big field (13 in our area plays the 90 foot diamond like high school-pros) and this weekend we are playing a high school tournament down at the ocean. The high school kids were laughing because a middle school kid was coming out to play with the big boys and he wouldn’t be able to touch the 70-80’s they were pitching. So he bet his team mates that not only could he hit off high school kids he could do it left handed.

Lefty single down the first base

320 foot homerun

4 Likes

Are those videos from Ft. Myers or this weekend?

Not only did he hit lefty, he did it with authority pullling it down the first baseline!

None of those are from fort Myers. The one in Orange and Black was from Rehoboth Delaware. We played that the weekend after we were in Florida. The lefty swing is from Ocean City Maryland this weekend.

This is the home run derby from today.

Record was 8 for his age group.

I came out of retirement to coach my older son for the first time in two years. He played with some friends down in Virginia on a team that we hobbled together. Scrappy bunch. Third seed going into the brackets. Got into the championship. We came up short in the end, but walked home runners-up.

6 Likes