Web Of Venom: The Wraith - Leak (Supposedly)

Unknown does “secret variants” all the time to try to fool people in to believing its going to be a spoiler cover…yet they’ll end up revealing it after FOC and well before release so I think they’re just playing the game and these covers never amount to anything special that I recall…

1 Like

You yourself, Alana, said that they, CGC, amended that label years ago. That in of itself tells me that CGC is working towards being correct in their labeling. Correcting something that was previously overlooked is proactive, and a proactive grading co. would not be a bad co. to look into for their services, imo. And again, anyone who buys any book and does not do their due diligence, only gets what they deserve. It’s not CGCs ‘fault’ if there is a spec group giving out outdated spec about outdated labels, and it is not CGCs ‘fault’ if a buyer buys a book expecting one thing, when that book is actually something else, regardless of any label put on it by any body. M2c.

Wtf is going on with this arm on that cover? :face_vomiting:

I don’t know if it’s your job to grade the books then it’s your job to know these things. I’m not building a rocket ship without studying aerodynamics so why would you have someone who grades books not be fully researched and have physical experience in the industry seeing what books hit the rack when they hit the racks because print dates and on sale dates are a mess in the 80s. So without the experience and knowledge I don’t see what the point of some random employee assigning a grade to a book, that’s only half the important part of a label.

I’m fairly certain that the graders have nothing to do with what goes on the labels, other than the number in the top left corner and the page colour.
A graders job is to grade the condition of the book, it is not their job to differentiate what is in the story.

Well your paying for an expert’s opinion so that’s what you should get for your money. If your labels are being constantly changed they should charge less and call it someone who knows about some comics opinion.

The expert grades the condition of the book. That is precisely what ‘slabbing’ is. Nothing more. Nothing less. And that is what you are paying for. You are not paying CGC graders to tell you what is in the story of the book.
The person submitting the book should be the expert on what’s in the story. The grader should be the expert on the condition of the book.

Yup, buy the book, not the label or slab… :wink:

new cover variant

store variant

Although I’m a fan and while they look cool, knowing the plot and outcome…any of these covers have become less appealing.

1 Like

Agreed. Cover A all the way.

I agree. If no leak I def woulda have bought ai like the homage of Wolverine & Omega Red

Yep the Black Cloud didn’t last but 3 issues I wouldn’t pin hope on a Ray of light

With the black cloud being as powerful and as important as Cates made it out to be, I don’t think he’s done with that black cloud. It can take any form after all.

1 Like

I know for me personally, a bit of the wind was let out of my sails for this book when I saw the leaks.
I of course still want the book, and am happy to have copies ordered.

From a “spec” perspective, or “will it still be hot”…I was reminded once again that we tend to be the very low minority in regards to paying attention to leaks/spec/advance information.

Saw numerous posts on instagram and twitter from comic fans all eagerly awaiting this issue, speculating on what happens, speculating on speculating, “How many copies should I buy?”, “I bet Wraith opens a can of #$% @#$”!", etc, etc.

Point being, this book will still be pretty hot and sell like hotcakes imo (but certainly won’t be underordered whatsoever).

Yeah, it’ll be ordered heavily while not a whole lot happens, retailers and shops will let their guard down getting tired of the extras sitting on the shelves, stop ordering so much and then BAM!, Cates will throw a curveball in an issue that makes every scrambling again… :wink:

2 Likes

Bingo. These guys know how to play the game.

1 Like