What are your thoughts on the new comic series called Radiant Black?

grabbed

1 Like

Got my 2

I feel like the lonerā€¦ I like the cover but Iā€™m passing. Iā€™ve read the first issueā€¦ it has potential but the first issue felt a little rushed to me (and too much back story on the main character, seemed like it repeated itself alot) and the dialogue was very choppy and very inconsistent on being inline with how one would respond to whatā€™s happening in the bookā€¦ Maybe it gets better after a few issuesā€¦

I agree with this. The book seems like it has potential, but issue #1 deeeeefinitely doesnā€™t sell itself super well.

1 Like

The difference about today versus the past is that we are almost in a 2nd golden age of comics, maybe even a rennaisance if you will. NBC is starting up their own comic group for crissakes. This could mean a second coming of the 90s, or it could be the perfect time to launch or expand IPs.

Issue 2 is where the action actually starts.

Yeah but does the dialogue get better?

Just finished issue 1. I LOVED it. Almost has an Amazing Spider-Man type of origin feel to it, just my opinion.

Yesterday when I grabbed it from my LCS (I only ordered 1 copy, Cover A) they were completely out of bags and boards. Luckily this issue survived the trip home :house_with_garden: and is now in a spare bag and board that I had laying around. Unfortunately my Teen Titans 1, 2nd print got beat up pretty bad.

I have issue 2 + Cover B on order. Canā€™t wait to read more!

2 Likes

2nd print

2 Likes

Yeah.The first issue for Radiant Black #1 was pretty good.I donā€™t get some of the negative reactions for the first issue.Remember how Invincible started and look how Invincible is now?

Has any first issue really been that outstanding? I enjoyed it and want to read more.

1 Like

Department of Truth #1 and Something is killing the Children #1 are pretty good first issues.I think Radiant Black is a slow burner but over time, itā€™s going to heat up.Kyle Higgins is a terrific writer.

It didnt wow me, but Im in for a couple of issues to see where its going.

Kyle Higgins generally impresses if you give his stuff a chance.

1 Like

Never read his Power Rangers, but I figure if he can do a good job with that I should give this book a chance.

I can say right now that issue 2 is what convinced me Iā€™d like the series and to do an exclusive for the first issue.

3 Likes

Since this is supposedly the beginning of a superhero universeā€¦ you should first appearances be sought after?

One thing I can say is the 2nd Print Variant was just announced and its on FOC for Monday. Very short window on a book some stores may still have on the shelf and skip over ordering.

Depends if the series take off or not.

The only copies I got were the TFAW variants. Really looking forward to reading this, but will probably get a readers copy if I can find one.