What comic YouTube channels do you follow?

I recently came across a comic book YouTube channel called, Comics, by Perch (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw4ivsPeqZVtHD85VjVnNaw), and his channel blew my mind. Tons of intelligent analysis, findings, antidotes, and discussions about the market in general and series. I would love to highlight his channel here for the community to check him out. I especially like his Comichron analysis for various series. No affiliation whatsoever, just thought his channel provides a completely different perspective from all the comic book channels I follow.

Below are some other youtube channels I follow. Not really a recommendation list, but just more of a general list for those who might like to check them out and decide for themselves.

Comic market:

Comic reviews:

General book conversations:

Comic speculation:
I know many people don’t like some of the speculation channels.

Above are just some of the ones I can think on top of my head. Would love to know if there’s any nice comic youtube channels we should all know about.

5 Likes

I don’t actually regularly watch any YouTube comic shows besides when @Anthony posts a video. I will check these out and thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

I like etanick, verygary, comicallycorrect.

1 Like

I like Ultra Maximus. The CBSI chats can be good at times. Modern Playbook, etc. Same with Mel V and the drunken chat.

1 Like

Bueller is awesome. Reggie seems kinda cool but I usually skim through his videos to get to the point(s).

I appreciate Gem Mint Collectibles and Near Mint Condition for their reviews on collected editions.

Can’t stand Tom101 videos - too much hype and way too animated for me. Don’t care about record breaking sales on Ebay - foh with that nonsense.

VeryGary seems like a cool dude. His videos are easy to watch - I skim through his collection pickup videos.

3 Likes

Cartoonist Kayfabe. By Jim Rugg and Ed Piskor. Not speculation or hot books but really talented artists and they look through comics with great insight

1 Like

I find the speculator channels talk about books well after FOC or pick 10-20 books pre-FOC. How is that even speculation?

1 Like

I didnt realize I followed so many channels but the :red_circle: dots are comic channels. I dont watch em all the time. But certain times they will have a vid/topic that interests me. Worked In loading trailers overnight so I’ll listen to 8hrs worth in a night of long winded BS sometimes but a few I really like Flipside, Drunken Chat Mighty Mel V, Perch, Thinking Critical, Bueller, VeryGary Hauls, Kayfabe is dope for breakdowns of issue artistically,

2 Likes

@jinkikid… I’ve recently stumbled across Perch. From my understanding he is an LCS owner. I enjoy his opinions and his data driven analysis’.

2 Likes

The only time I watch Youtube is when I watch Anthony’s posts he puts up from time to time and then John Oliver’s Last Week Tonight cause he cracks my shit up…

2 Likes

I highly recommend Comic Tropes. He started off a few years ago with humorous drinking games while counting the tropes encountered in a given book, e.g. take a drink whenever Rob Liefeld badly botches anatomy, etc. Over time, he went a more studious direction but the videos are still entertaining and very informative. Lately, he’s been scoring interviews with some big names.

Here’s a recent episode that I think is a good example of what Comic Tropes does:

3 Likes

Anthony has a YouTube channel as well? John Oliver :joy:

Sounds interesting! Will check it out.

1 Like

Yeah I realized he used to own a comic shop so his opinions might be different from regular readers’ or collectors’. His analysis is interesting to watch for sure.

He posts from time to time. It’s not as consistent as some of these others. He use to do his picks weekly as a video but these are very time consuming. A lot of these Youtubers aren’t also managing a busy website like CHU while also having a full time day job…

1 Like

Whoa… So many channels. Will check some of them out!

All the while making sure your chains aren’t chafing your wrists or ankles. Or making sure you get that PB&J Sandwich that he secretly sprinkles his finger & toenails into. That’s not crunchy peanut butter buddy. Not to mention your buckets empty and clean.

2 Likes

Yeah zim a firm believer in give them a try. Followed and watched sooo many channels here n there and some stuck around.

He’s not comic related but the LABeast videos crack me up. He’s always eating old boxes of cereal and drinking old Pepsi crystal. Like an absolute boss. :joy:

1 Like

Why drink old Crystal Pepsi when they brought it back like a year or two ago? It still tasted terrible. Coke for the win!

1 Like