What music are you listening to?

I didn’t see this topic. Though I also didn’t search. What’s everyone listening to and what are your favorite bands/artists?

I grew up on Country, Classic Rock (60’s-70’s), Hip Hop/Rap, Rock, Alternative, Grunge, Metal, ,etc. Currently I’m listening to System of a Down. There’s not a bad song on any of their albums. I really think Led Zeppelin & The Beatles are the best bands ever. I do love lot of grunge. Alice In Chains being another favorite. So many others but I’m going to be brief.

3 Likes

I listen to a little bit of everything. Right now I’m stuck on the newest Chevelle album

1 Like

System of a Down is one of my favorites too. I’m hoping those 2 new songs from last year lead to some more music. Love Tool, Opeth, Deftones, Mastodon. Grew up on Hendrix, zeppelin, nirvana, Doors, Soundgarden. I still listen to a lot of that stuff still pretty regular. Sublime is always great as the weather gets warmer. I recently decided to try to branch out and listen to just some different new music and I discovered Portishead, massive attack and Bjork have some really good stuff. Also found Polyphia has some amazing guitar playing.

6 Likes

Yeah they released those 2 new ones and proceeds are going towards a non profit back to their homeland where a genocide is still happening. I hope they release some more music.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but the drummer of SOAD is the owner of Torpedo Comics. He’s got a drum kit on display in his Vegas location that was drawn on by Jim Lee.

1 Like

I didn’t know that.

I dug up a photo from a few years ago…

3 Likes

I do not think we will ever see another SOAD studio album. Although still friends, Serj and Darren are very different creatively. They barely made it through Mesmerize/Hypnotize.

I’ve just been getting into Tool. They are quite amazing, technically. Brilliant too. Check out the YouTube video about Lateralus. The writing, lyrics and beats, are so mathematically/human condition deep. Very cool, imo.

1 Like

I’m a metal head at heart.

4 Likes

I know everyone here are die hard Ace of Base fans… I can feel it! I saw the sign!

2 Likes

I am…

2 Likes

Patsy Cline, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Johnny Cash…same as always.

2 Likes

@Jester00 you a fan of Jinger at all?

I have been a fan of theirs/hers for a while and she is starting to get some rotation.

5 Likes

My favorite is 70-90’s punk rock. Grew up in the punk clubs in DC and Baltimore (and some north and south of here). Also, and people will find it odd, I love Blue Grass. My dad was a huge Blue Grass fan and I would go to concerts and festivals with him. Just love the music.

2 Likes

I’m a Cure, Depeche Mode, Pink Floyd, REM, Decemberists, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys kind of person.

4 Likes

My musical moods usually reflect the current times. I grew up a metal head and hardcore punk fan in the late 80’s and early 90’s. Grew to love the Grateful Dead and travel to see them in Jerry’s later years. Hip hop, Jazz and Funk have been huge too. I love music. It’s all Rock n Roll to me. But times have been dark lately and I’m most moved by darker music. Lamb of God, Megadeth, Slayer, Mercyful Fate. I do look forward to happier times. On a Sunday afternoon, nothing beats a whiskey and a beer … and a little Steely Dan.

4 Likes

I still listen to the Cure and Depeche Mode from time to time. Pictures of You by the Cure is still one of my favorites. Love the Smiths too. It’s funny because you can never pigeon hole yourself into one genre.

5 Likes

I love a lot of stuff. I’ve been doing Bandcamp a lot lately. Interesting indie artists there.

2 Likes

I am a metal head first and foremost. Listening to a lot of Death, Hypocrisy, Alekhine’s Gun, Rob Zombie’s new album was great, A Dark Halo, Jinjer, Fear Factory, AC/DC. When I switch off the metal, it’s Warren Zevon, Jackson C Frank, Death (‘70s proto-punk band; different from above), Gordon Lightfoot, James Taylor, Cat Stevens, a lot of old folk music. And while I seem to be alone, and welcome whatever ridicule comes my way for it, I am a huge Limp Bizkit fan. Have been for 20 years haha. Music is always around and always on. Just trying to live life with an amazing soundtrack!

4 Likes