What music are you listening to?

I goddamn love Jinjer. They have a groove metal sound like no other!

3 Likes

I listen to all kinds of music. I grew up listening to Slayer, Pantera, Metallica, Anthrax and bunch of thrash/speed metal bands. Then I started getting into the 70’s & 80’s Hard Rock bands. Right now on my car Playlist it ranges from Jinjer, Cypress Hill, Cranberries, Twisted Sister, Offspring, Tool, Prong, Steely Dan, Soul Asylum, Slipknot. System of a Down, and the list goes on…

2 Likes

I play/teaching music for a living, so I’m usually listening at whatever clients want me to play or teach, lol. This week it’s been Grateful Dead/Pink Floyd for them.
On personal time I’m listening to some classic country stuff (Merle Haggard/Don Williams). However, I throw in some Metallica and relaxing video game soundtracks on my playlist too. Really, I’m all over the freaking place with music.
I really like cheesy 80’s stuff though when I’m in the car.

3 Likes

I went bar hopping in Philadelphia years ago during a Wizard World with Tone Rodriguez, eBas, and the drummer from Limp Bizkit (I shit you not).

1 Like

Her vocal range is amazing. I first heard her like three years ago. I was floored.

1 Like

My top 5 bands that center my chi:
Slipknot, Powerman 5000, Evanescence, Dope, Hollywood Undead

Jinjer sounds like a demonic-angel and I love it!

2 Likes

Just recently got into Jinjer. She is a great vocalist. Gotta respect the seemless transition between screaming and singing.

1 Like

I love a little bit of everything too. My 80s habits include Talking Heads, The Cure, and you gotta love early Metallica- those first 4 albums are amazing.

3 Likes

Best song from talking heads is “Girlfriend is Better”. I love the live music video was well.

1 Like

About 2-3 years ago, they announced they were going into the studio to make a new album. About 6 months later, Serj announced online they were unable to make anything work and it wouldn’t happen. It sucks, I saw them in concert in 2006 and they were great!

2 Likes

I first heard of them when the Micro EP came out and I reacted the same. Teacher, Teacher was on a metal playlist a coworker was had playing and I looked them up. They’re just unreal. They have a show scheduled with Suicide Silence for October in Vancouver. I’m not expecting things to clear up enough for it to happen, but here’s hoping for miracles haha

1 Like

Dope is another band I have followed for a long time. Blood Money was a nice return for them. Looking forward to something new, although no news yet.

3 Likes

Yes I am. I got my 8 year old daughter listening to Jinjer and Baby Metal. She prefers Baby Metal more though lol… Have you heard of the band Spiritbox? That girl has some range

1 Like

Those are two of my favourite artists. I grew up on 60s/70s classic rock. I’ve got a place in my heart for the Haight/Ashbury scene. Santana, Grateful Dead, Janis…
Sabbath is probably my favourite band, as, I do have a liking for some ‘harder’ stuff like SOAD and Tool.
Lately I’ve really been enjoying Les Claypool and his funkified bass lines in Primus, Waylon Jennings, The Cure, early Billy Joel, among others.

And now, a pic that merges two of our passions. Rock ‘n’ Roll Comic books!!!

2 Likes

Grew up a metal head like most here, but once I moved to Austin, KUTX helped me embrace other genres.

Currently listening to Dry Cleaning over and over. If you love 90s grunge, especially Sonic Youth, you’ll love Dry Cleaning.

Also shout out to Khruangbing, SAULT, and Arlo Parks.

1 Like

I think Tripping Daisy are from Texas. I am an elastic firecracker is severely underrated album which doesn’t have a bad song on it. One of my favorites.

1 Like

My all time favorite band(s) growing up was the Pixies along with Sonic Youth.

I’m mostly into indie and folk indie nowadays. Andrew Bird, Lord Huron… etc.

2 Likes

Did you also like Dinosaur Jr.? They finally got a new album coming out next month.

Love Dinosaur Jr.

2 Likes

Pretty big Phish phan and have been to just over 330 shows. Big Primus fan too.

Before the pandemic we were seeing as many Kamasi Washington and Snarky Puppy shows as possible.

Going to see Goose in a few weeks and really hope to see Billy Strings soon!