What music are you listening to?

I’ve seen the Melvins at the Ottobar a few times!

I liked a few of Dinosaur Jr’s songs.

I also want to give awareness to this song for those who might not have heard of it:

The video is silly, but the song slaps. The lyrics are amazing. If you like Tyler, the Creator, you’ll love this artist.

1 Like

Thundercat’s “It Is What It Is” was my favorite album last year. Just great all the way through and it’s only like half an hour long so it’s easy to repeat.

That said, my first love is hard rock/metal and I’m pleased to see so many CHU metalheads.

2 Likes

My 11 year old and 7 year old both like Jinjer. They thought Baby Metal was strange. Just couldn’t get them into them. Both my boys absolutely love Rob Zombie which kind of freaks my wife out a bit. I told her that 99% of his songs have no cussing in them. I said it’s mostly old horror imagery. (Not including Pu$$y Liquor and Everyone is F-ing on a UFO).

2 Likes

Ottobar is still my stomping ground. I still catch shows there (well I did until Covid). When were you in Baltimore?

Can’t mention female metal bands without mentioning one of my favorites. Butcher Babies

2 Likes

Listening to at the moment? The last couple of days, it has been John Mellencamp’s The Lonesome Jubilee, an album I liked a lot back in the 80’s but hadn’t listened to in a long time. Of much more recent vintage is a group called on Mouse On The Keys, a keyboard-oriented, proggish/jazzy group from Japan.

I have a real hard time liking new music. I don’t seek it out like I used to and have gotten kinda stuck listening to the same stuff. Granted that same stuff includes a ton of different music.

I think the heaviest music I like is stuff like Pantera, Sepultura, Marilyn Manson, and Korn.

3 Likes

Oh man, 90’s alt rock is my jam ! Here I go…

Republica, Veruca Salt, Garbage, Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails, Weezer, Foo Fighters, Alice In Chains, The Cranberries, U2, Rage Against The Machine, No Doubt, Blink-182, The Offspring, Silverchair, Powerman 5000, Dope, Third Eye Blind, Hole, Gin Blossoms, Candlebox, The Verve, Bloodhound Gang, Blur, Bush, Stone Temple Pilots, Collective Soul, Dishwalla, Everclear, Eve 6, Filter, Lit, etc…I could go on-and-on-and-on…

5 Likes

I saw them live a few years ago. They opened for Black Label Society. Amazing sound live. Great energy. Their new album Lilith was awesome!

Can’t forget my future ex wife if we are talking female leads in metal bands

My favorites are David Bowie, The Cure, Joy Division, Pixies, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Husker Du, Interpol, The Clash, The National. Most listened to over the last year: Waxahatchee, Japanese Breakfast, and Phoebe Bridgers.

3 Likes

Oh I like Maria Brink. She looks like she was drawn by Frank Cho.

1 Like

Kraftwerk. Black Sabbath. The Stooges. Minor Threat/Embrace. MF Doom. Madlib. And then sometimes Joy Division. old Metallica (first few records). Gary Numan. Wu Tang. Talking Heads. And then new stuff my kids like (top 40) because I need something from the past 20 years.

2 Likes

Yeah, Phoebe Bridgers is amazing. Kyoto is very catchy.

1 Like

Really got into music in the late 70s and I think my favourite bands at different points along the way have been The Police, Human League, Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, U2, Simple Minds, Oasis, Crowded House, The Cure, Evanesence and Shinedown. Also got time for some classic soul sounds when I am in the right mood : )

3 Likes

I’m listening to The Violent Femmes, White Stripes and now 50 Cents first album. The last few hours. Now Scarface who’s also a Texan.

3 Likes

Love violent femmes

3 Likes

The Cure and Metallica Kill’ em All album my all time favorite.

2 Likes