Whatnot App

Its kind of hard. I applied and the fact I run CHU was the big draw for them. They want influencers, guys who run blogs (me and you), and other “connected people” from what I was told. Took forever for me to get approved.

Anthony killin’ it on Whatnot tonight. Join if you’re around!

Dude that was crazy. What a blast!!

1 Like

@Anthony Sorry I missed it. Glad it went well. I really like the app. Sure, some bugs to work out, but that’s ok. I’ll follow you and hit your next one.
My wallet needed a break anyway.

Oh… it’s clearly a “clique” when it comes to sellers, but as a buyer it matters little to me. Regardless of who is selling, it takes 1 minute to figure out a good seller vs bad. Lack of viewers will weed out junk regardless of how important they think they are.

The real funny thing is I am not a hyper person. So I was thinking I would be boring. But I was just stream of consciousness speaking about stuff and talked for the full two hours I was on. I was really hyper on there.

2 Likes

Any plans to do another sale ?

Absolutely. I am gonna do a couple more. I have so many books.

1 Like

I missed the first one but I subbed and will definitely catch the next ones. I’m glad it went well for you!

@Anthony Gonna follow you on there and check out your next show. I’m a seller on there too, and def have thoughts lol.

Oh. What’s you id? I will follow back.

Link

Followed.

1 Like

Live now, come get deals

I thought I followed you. Not sure I got an alert. Hmmm

Ugh. Brutal. Lol. Deals were given away. Had to stop the $1 1 Minute format quickly.

Sorry I missed it!

Yeah was gonna say a few big wings ended early last few days. The whatnot well might be running dry.

I didn’t get an alert either… was waiting for your next show. Bummer. Hope it went well!

@SpideyHunter516 I noticed that as well and quite frankly it irritates me. I won’t participate in their shows again when they do that crap.

@Anthony I missed it yet again. I also followed you, yet never received an alert. If you do another, please give a day or so notice on here. I’d like to support you.

The Whatnot crews/sellers are taking too many trips to the well. They had some initial amazing success and decided to go all in. Bad move. Buyers are not complete idiots…sure FOMO and the fun of it was there at first, but there very, very limited audience isn’t going to keep spending unlimited money on modern books (which is largely what is being sold on there) day after day. I’m still not going to spend more money on books via Whatnot than what I can get on ebay. I’m still not going to pay a shit ton of money for a book simply because a person is a “influencer in the comic world” and says its a book that should be bought.

Because the vast majority of sellers on there are also friends, fellow influencers, they are attempting to create their own self fulfilling prophecy on many books and that will also turn out badly. It’s pretty transparent. Pump up a book or show the book on instagram, youtube, etc…get the discussion and hype rolling. and the present them for sale in their Whatnot streams.

I have nothing against any of them…I personally have gotten an absolute ton of books for a fair deal. Slowly, they are changing formats, using more set prices, raising initial prices, raising the time to 2 minutes versus 1. Talk, talk, talk, versus being organized and just placing the books up, etc. They were making money hand over fist initially so I’m sure they though that would just keep rolling.

I’ve tuned out for the most part now and I certainly was a huge advocate initially.

2 Likes

Yeah man. I watched Wonderworldcomics, and few others have books not even get bid on. Like you said to many trips to the well and on top of there not being enough outsiders in the app. Its speculators selling to speculators. you get a few fans of covers missing issues etc. But if I get another alert from Spiderman Booth or Bargain comics it’s like damn3-4 times a day lol

1 Like