Whatnot App

@SpideyHunter516 One of the things I like is the whole combined shipping deal (1$ a book after initial charge)…but a couple times I’ve bought a book…and then the seller just ends the sale because they don’t feel they are getting enough money, enough viewers, etc…pissed me off. I wouldn’t have bought the initial book if I’d known they were going to pull that crap.

I’m pretty done hearing the whole “You got that for a steal” too. Umm, no…you got that shit for a steal when you bought it from a shop’s dollar bin for a buck.

1 Like

They asked for feedback from sellers, and that was one of the points I made. I recommended that they introduce some limits to how many shows you can do in a week, and time slots, to avoid having 8 live shows splitting 60 viewers.

I loved it initially, but I noticed quickly that it was becoming a feeding frenzy. No regard for other sellers, and lots of friends just cross promoting each other. I’d notice when some sellers had live sales scheduled, “competitors” popped up out of nowhere going live on the spot, pulling away viewers/buyers from the shows that were scheduled in advance.

I do believe in a free market system, but I think at least initially they should put some restrictions in place to ensure no one gets burned, or burned out.

2 Likes

I did last Friday at 11;30 and then did this Friday at 11:30 pm. Gave away a bunch of deals. Here is the thing. I lost money on a couple of books and then made crazy money on books that should have gone for less. Balanced out. I had a number in mind for what I thought the books were worth and ended up spot on the money.

Alert us ahead of time for sure. My alerts didn’t work. I wanna tune in!

You got it. Look out next Friday. Not this Friday as I am at the beach.

I demand a show from the beach! Showing a little skin might get you even more viewers!

Uhhh… I’ve seen this skin you speak of… nope, nope… nope!

Missed it myself as well.

Every time I see this thread pop up I can help but think of Was (Not Was).

1 Like

Tony is on the Whatnot app tonight at 11:30 PM Eastern, right?

Yes, I posted this in both Whatnot threads. I’m trying to be thorough.

We could merge them, I don’t think I can tho.

No, he’s on vacation…

Ohhh, next week then.

He should have done it topless in speedo’s from the beach… that would have been classic!

Next week. I need to sell comics to pay for the vacation we just took. Lol.

2 Likes

You rolling’ live tonight @Anthony? Can we put in some requests for books?!?

1 Like

11 PM and yea, request away

It’s up under apopcomics Friday Night Massacre because I am about to lose a lot of money lol.

Just put up anything Ironheart and you’ll make $$$$$ tonight.

Not a high dollar book, but I can’t seem to track down one of these. Hoping to avoid eBay and ending up with 73 spine tics.

1 Like

I need to look for iron heart. See what I got. Was thinking of adding Werewolf by Night 1-3. Don’t think I have Future State Wonder Woman 1 to sell. Have a copy in my collection though.

2 Likes

Anyone need an invite to Whatnot let me know. Will be going live in an hour and 34 minutes