Who is the guy on X-men #12?

Here’s the design variant for X of Swords

1 Like

I’m done with the design ratios. I feel like it removes the excitement of the new cover art for a book you have been waiting for. It would also create more buzz in the secondary market (see Dark Night Legends 1:25). New character and a cool new cover opposed to the character design.

2 Likes

It’s over done btwn Marvel and DC

MCS had the 1:25 for $6, got both copies but expecting to receive cover A lol

X-men #12 looks to be sold out at a bunch of places already.

Wow really? Damn guess the fomo kicking in

The High Summoner talks a lot about the past which tells us about what is coming in X of Swords. This is a good story; I hope it continues to be good.

Genesis who is “The authority of Arakko. The mother of Horsemen. The wife of Apocalypse” in the past and probably dead. (top left and bottom)
Baby High Summoner (top right)

I don’t know how strong the spec for High Summoner is, but I’ve found 4 copies of the 1:25 variant of X-Men 2 for between cover and double cover. I don’t know if retailers realized it’s a ratio variant, so buy them up cheap wherever you can find it!

1 Like

I just got back from my LCS and they were allocated on X-men 12. I’m convinced that marvel is holding back volume so they can print 2nd and 3rd prints. They are getting collectors, completionists, and speculators to buy multiple copies of the same book. Just my 2cents, this will be a good opportunity to test the theory.

X-men is already a popular book although it’s been pretty weak recently. There should be ZERO issues finding this book anywhere. Let’s see how quickly the second and third prints are announced. (That is also why I think we are seeing more and more of them listing later prints before the other even came out).

My local shop has not gone heavy on these as of lately due to poor sales. So I could see it being allocated or not printed heavily…

I had heard allocated as well. Think there were some printing issues reported across multiple Marvel books this week?

Okay, I’ll take your word for it as you have much more experience, but keep an eye out.

And what @Bryan said, sounds like a good reason why some shops were allocated. Get them spread out and possibly more are on the way.

I dont have my copies in yet, so I am curious, does it say who his father is? We know he is the son of War and that Apocalypse is his grandfather.

Bleeding Cool has a article on this book (Edit: Per Poyo). Genesis and Annihilation was partially in the FCBD book on the 8 of Cups card. I’m not sure if this is first full app of Genesis, Annihilation and White Sword in #12. Annihilation is front and center on this cover.

That should read “has a article”… there’s usually nothing good that comes out of Bleeding Cool. :wink:

2 Likes

All are named and have action in X-Men #12 (at least from a spoiler video I watched on YouTube). They all appear to be in the upcoming Stasis #1 one-shot book. No idea how the market will label the appearances. No idea if any of them stick around. So, will it really matter in 6 months or a year?

I ordered only 2 copies of X-men #12 via eBay on 8/22/20. Both are on the way from the seller so they got their copies.

There was 23 copies of the X-men #2 1:25 3 days ago at Frankies was looking at buying em. Then only 7 copies left yesterday so I cleaned them out.

Yes, I bought the other 16 at $13/ :+1: hope he ships them before the year ends.

2 Likes