Who is the guy on X-men #12?

https://heroescave.com/products/x-men-12-dx-pre-order-9-16-20 found some if anyone needed. I preordered my copies awhile ago before FOC. Just seen a YouTuber say they were allocated as well.

If people are still looking for X-Men #12, it’s still available at TFAW it appears. The regular cover that is.

“Allocated” always seems to be used as a way to hold back copies to resell at a higher cost. I have 50 copies from 3 different sources. None have emailed yet to tell me they were allocated. Will wait and see like everyone else I guess. I loaded up on X-Men #2 when the cover of X-Men #12 was revealed. 15 1st, 25 2nd, 20 1:25, and 2 cgc 9.8 copies. No risk, no reward. Amirite? Just watched a pdf video on YouTube. My goodness #12 has a slew of first appearances. Could be a key issue.

And here I am thinking I went heavy on this book with my 3 copies :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Did u preorder? I’m thinking that doesn’t effect the allocation like a pull list customer getting books before a walk in. I’m just spit balling I have no idea. But wherever u ordered that many from might be on the higher end of receiving books

Damn I searched n nothin came up. I jus did a reg google that’s prob why

I went 9 A, 3 1:25 on #2 Hoping for some FOMO :wink:

Yes, I ordered from 3 different places before foc.

Google won’t update as fast as just going to TFAW directly.

1 Like

People who don’t work in comics would be surprised at the amount of issues that Diamond sometimes just forgets to include in shipments, or that arrive very damaged (with a totally fine exterior box). In some cases when people say they get allocated they are holding ones back, but more often than not they’re probably telling the truth and got shorted in some way, and copies ran out on the distributor level (like they have with this book).

3 Likes

Ok well good luck fam hope u get them all. Heard they hittin the bay already

Aaahhh got u. Cuz it usual shows the places I frequent the most

I always say, take their word on it (until you got proof). If it happens on every hot book, start to doubt them but still take with a grain of salt. But knowing Diamond, it doesn’t surprise me if they just miss items entirely, damage them prior to shipping, etc.

And also, it only happens on hot books cause the books nobody wants and it happens with, nobody cares anyways so there’s no reason to point it out on those books. :wink:

Yet, it seems the only books that arrive damaged or are shorted are books like this one. I ALWAYS get books that are not instantly hot. Every book I have had severely allocated or refunded, when ordering in bulk, is ALWAYS hot on day of release. That is not a coincidence.

I guess it is a bit of a double edged sword. Ordering in bulk probably sends up a bit of a red flag to the store that it might be a hit book. Unless you can find a store that you trust to not take advantage of your speccing.

1 Like

But I order in bulk before FOCs. If they see it as a spec book then it gives them time to order MORE, not wait to see and then cancel or allocate me on release day. I have dropped certain retailers because of it.

2 Likes

I like your style!

X-Men #12 is still showing in stock at TFAW
 just click the link in my quote from this morning. For all you still looking for a copy. :wink:

I usually order 50-100 copies. IF I had a Diamond account, and could get variants too, I would probably go in even deeper like you do. Being married limits any significant modern bulk purchases. The wife doesn’t mind the comics because she has been collecting sportscards since she was 10. But she prefers we buy bronze /silver age CGC books, or PSA/BGS 10 rookie cards , instead of massive quantities of moderns that take up storage units. I was a day trader for 15 years, so speculating is in my DNA.

2 Likes

Tfaw is limit one or I would of