Will SiKtC #1 8th Print have legs?

Does anyone believe the 8th print of Something is Killing the Children #1 will have any legs?
FWIW I think Cover A 1st Print will always be the king, but I’m wondering if the 8th print would be worth grabbing. Given the early confusion with its distribution, I wonder if the 8th print will be as big a print run as the other printings.

Anyone banking on this printing?

I’m not banking on this printing but I expect it to be worth something. This series is still hot and still sells well

1 Like

In my experience most comics have pages. I hope this has been helpful.

8 Likes

I’m of the same mindset. I did just pre-order a CGC 9.8 that I think I could flip for a profit if I ever decide I don’t want the issue anymore.

I just like the cover art and the fact it’s such a late printing with a convoluted roll-out lol.

1 Like

Earning that “Dad Joke” badge on a daily basis ;p

3 Likes

Also, is this the first cover to feature the abbreviated “SIKTC” trade dress (assuming the pre-sale images are accurate)???

2 Likes

All depends on how it’s handled and ultimately the ability of people to secure copies. There are a ton of fans relative to the book that will want it.

I personally won’t lose sleep over it, and won’t seek it out elsewhere. Like everything else these days though, I’m sure it will sell for extraordinary amounts as I don’t see supply meeting demand.

1 Like

I think it looks cool and it’s confusing as hell to secure a copy so I think it will be worth something. I would try and get more if I knew they would come. I’m gonna ask my local shop about it again today.

1 Like

Dunno, it’s a cool cover and getting one isn’t the normal put me down kind of thing, so could have some legs. I only bought a foil copy of BRZRKR today as my LCS said they secured some copies and should have them when #2 comes in stock.

1 Like

BOOM! basically created FOMO for this issue by means of how this is getting distributed to the masses. Expect it to fetch dollars because people are weak, have a bad case of FOMO and apparently have way too much money to spend…

2 Likes

Double Dad Joke Champ! Although I feel that, seeing as @agentpoyo hands them out, his Double Dad Joke Champ status should have an asterisk.

1 Like

Pfftt… As supreme Dad on this forum, I can revoke your badges boy!

1 Like

All hail Supreme Dad. Please leave my twinkly badges in place to show my grandchildren!

3 Likes

I would say this has some legs, not a ton.

I could be wrong however as I never would’ve thought the LCSD foil cover would be going for a chunk of money.

2 Likes

You can post them on Facebook and/or as part of a chain email like all the other grandparents.

1 Like

At this point if you can get them for the price of 2 Brzrkr foil issues it seems worth the risk… if you can get them

2 Likes

The print run is going to be high as the 7th printing.If you’re into collecting all print runs, then buy it. Don’t expect to make a lot of money.No one is going to be caught off guard here.Everyone knows it’s a hot series.

The 7th print is currently selling for $25+ and it will probably have a higher print run than this one since no one even knows how to order it.

1 Like

And all this with SIKTC still not even being optioned. People like this book because its actually just a good comic book.

the print run for the 8th print will be largest yet, bigger than the foil for lcsd.do not over pay