Wonder Man Disney+ show

1 Like

A television show about a movie star superhero could be really meta. I could get into that if itā€™s done well!

2 Likes

There goes my hope for that Wonder Man & Beast buddy cop film.

All that bad Wanda/Vision spec going to pay off.

2 Likes

Wonder if they are going to cast Nathan Fillion since they already have those cut gotg2 posters

https://www.cbr.com/gotg-vol-2-nathan-fillion-wonder-man/

1 Like

Iā€™m curious about that as well Alana.

Iā€™m so stupid excited for this already, and I know I shouldnā€™t be. I canā€™t help myself though, Wondy is one of my top four characters. Iā€™m also oddly excited to see what you all think is ā€œgoodā€ spec on this one.

1 Like

We did have the Grim Reaper helmet silhouette in the credits of one of the Wanda/Vision episodes so Avengers #52 is a solid cheap pick up

3 Likes

Alright, Iā€™m bored, so Iā€™m going to list what I think are some key Wondy books that I can easily recall.

Of course, Avengers Vol 1 #9 for his first appearance.

Marvel Premiere #55, first solo story.

Avengers vol 1 # 151 first resurrection, #253 first sleeveless costume appearance (glasses, gold arm bands)

Avengers vol 3# 3 First Ion version appearance, #12 costume change (short sleeve)

West Coast Avengers #25 First appearance of the sleeveless costume (no glasses, red arm bands, longest worn costume)

Avengers West Coast #65, first date with Wanda (is this how they are going to bring her back to her senses?)

Avengers Vol 4 #2, first appearance of most recent costume.

As far as his solo title, Iā€™d say the keys are #1 (has a poster insert to be complete), #3 first appearance of his ā€œsidekickā€ Spider (whoā€™s story is still in limbo after they cancelled the book), #4 first appearance of Splice. #25 first appearance of his ā€œpouchā€ costume. #26, 27, 28, 29: all low print run books, specially the last two. Even working at a comic shop when those came out, I struggled to find copies. We didnā€™t get the ones we ordered.

Fun fact: the last four issues of his solo series were supposed to be an entirely different story according to the listings in Advance comics at the time. Iā€™m guessing they changed it because they knew they were going to cancel the title. Iā€™m assuming there has to be pieces of original art or the like for these issues hidden away somewhere out there.

The only other key I can think of that I canā€™t recall the issue it occurs in is when he and Ms. Marvel started dating.

What do you all think? Anything else you can toss in here?

6 Likes

Three more that came to mind that could possibly be relevant are:

Champions Vol 1 #5, the first appearance of Rampage.

Invaders #37, 1st cameo appearance of Lady Lotus.

Guardians of the galaxy vol 1 #17, first appearance of Hollywood (Simon Williams Earth-691).

2 Likes

Wonder man 10 and 11 first Angkor and first Crazy Eight. Wonder Man 4 first Splice.

3 Likes

Marvel Premiere #55 seems to be slowly disappearing. I had a hard time scoring an affordable copy, but managed to snag a pair for $40. Look for mislabeled auctions for ā€œWonder Man #55ā€.

1 Like

Or look for ā€œlotsā€ that include 55

1 Like

Iā€™ve found some good comics in big olā€™ lots listed on Mercari or Poshmark of all places. Folks just have a chunk of comics and take a pic of the group with some little nuggets of gold mixed in among junk issues.

1 Like

Just because Iā€™m dedicated to seeing this thread through, I came across another ā€œrarerā€ issue of interest. Apparently there is a JC Penny reprint of Wonder Man issue 2. Itā€™s got the 30th anniversary Spider-Man in the UPC box, where the normal version has some text. I donā€™t have info on why this exists, but after crawling over Ebay, I only found two copies on there (and I snagged one).

1 Like

Thatā€™s how I scored a set of Young Avengers for $40. They had them listed as New Avengers.

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Wonder how they will do his origin as his origin story is almost identical to Justin Hammers in Iron Man 2.

1 Like

Its officialā€¦now