Worthy? Batman Villain Collection (James Tynion)

Yep, Punchline is probably going to be cosplayed a lot. Hot Asian chick, definitely marketable.

Most comics use characters to sell books. That’s why most books are titled after characters.

I dont think a woman with the given and surname of Alexis Kaye, w/ green eyes, is of Asian decent. :man_shrugging:

I think Punchline is going to continue to remain hot. Of the others, I really like Clownhunter. I still see Batman 96 being sold for cover price so I’ve been stashing those away. I haven’t seen enough of Molly to form an opinion.

Yeah, I don’t have the impression that Punchline is Asian either, particularly if you read her origin story in the Joker 80th special.

Just a girl with dark hair and green eyes… More like an emo girl…

I see it like this 1) Punchline 2) Clownhunter 3) Ghost-maker.

Punchline will be around along time, but as a Harley character, never a major major villian but as joker’s associate.

Clownhunter has an interesting backstory and is a younger character, has lots of potential to turn into something significant in the bat world.

Ghost-maker is a friend of Bruce’s from when he was in training. Big potential for any Batman origin going forward, think Hush type of character but on the hero side.

Those would be my 3, I wouldn’t bank on the others. But for a bonus: Flatline (DC 1034 + Robin 1). I’m banking on her becoming hot in the comic world. Can easily be kept around for teen Titans villain or even moved up to Batman level villain.

1 Like

Have to say that Bluecontroller has nailed it for me…same order and much of the same reasoning that was running through my head.

I think the Clownhunter 1:25 might get affordable again if he does not turn out to be Red X, so I would wait on that one. I am a bit behind with my Batman-related reading, so not sure if the identity of Red X has been revealed yet?

Still waiting. Wasn’t revealed in the academy

Molly shouldnt even be on the list, she hasn’t been in the comics yet.

She had a cameo in Batman 106

Right, I meant that she had a couple of panels. I cant rank a character on that. Lets see the first storyline.

Honestly, I say, let’s see how the character fares after a good year or so in comics spanned across multiple issues and story arcs… then we can really get a good feel for them.

1 Like

Beside Punchline, Do you see any future valuation for Ghost Maker or Clown Hunter? Would you actually be dropping $20-$30 for Ghost Maker or Clown Hunter or Hush? Myself, personally I go for HUSH. Ghost Maker reminds me a bit of Azrael. Look how well he turned out.

I think Ghost maker is worth holding onto. Hero’s appearance’s are usually worth more and since he’s on Batman’s side now he could appear more often and prominently and if so the value will go up over time, but I think that’s years down the road.

Clownhunter is to early to tell.

Also Hush isn’t new and I would put money on him over the other 2.

If DC ever figures out their movies and marketing, everyone will be clamoring for these the same way as Marvel. But that’s a big IF. I say buy them all at cover or less then who cares if they sit in a longbox for 5 years.

If you’re interested in Clownhunter for the long term, you can get copies of the Batman #96 1:25 for $35/per at DCBS. This title looks goofy, but it’s the correct number and title on Previews.

They’re selling for (with one exception) +$20 or more on that price over the last 2-3 weeks (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Batman+%2396+1+25&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1)

1 Like