WTF Midtown Comics?

I have no reason to thInk that they will cancel it if I complain. I just don’t want to risk it due to the nature of the books that are pending.
I’ve complained on damaged books several times with them and had mixed results. Sometimes I just got a refund, other times I had to mail them back. No rhyme or reason.

A lot are slow these days. TFAW just shipped today my order that has been processing since Tuesday. Usually they ship within 24 hours of processing for me.

That’s more reasonable though. That sounds like extra precautions due to COVID and such, maybe still short staffed.

I might just switch entirely to TFAW and change my orders from 1 big monthly shipment for pre-orders (been buying my reader books from them) to weekly cause when I get my orders processed, they’re usually shipped within 24 hours and I get them way faster than Midtown now.

That’s how I deal with problems. I give them more than enough time. I’m super nice when I email them and tell them how much I love them. Give 'em a nice compliment sandwich and usually I get what I want in the end. Doesn’t cost me anything. If they act crooked, then I pounce on them like a rabid dog.

Mail is slow too. I have a package that left for the west coast a week ago…still “in transit
to next destination” since 6/30.

“First Class” My Ass…should call it Coach. And Media Mail the cargo hold…

TFAW has been within 24 hours throughout the last month since comics started. This was the first time it’s delayed. I’m guessing holiday week maybe.

My preorders are all every 2 weeks for them.

I shipped a priority mail package (not comics) on 6/18. In 36 hours it got from Massachusetts to Los Angeles hub. Then it sat there (in transit) for two weeks no movement. I filed a case friday. It started moving Saturday. Today Monday it was delivered. If I didn’t file a case it would still be sitting in LA. Wasn’t waiting for a flight either as it was just several miles from it’s destination.

And most of us just want our comics to actually get into USPS hands… due to the delays they have due to COVID and likely carrier shortages, etc.

So to update, my 6/17 shipment is still not here. They haven’t even begun to ship my 7/1 back issue order. (These are books in stock for gods sake. You already have them. Just ship them.)

Anyway. Post office said that the USPS has not even received the shipment from UPS and could be 2-3 weeks before it is received. Um… no. I disputed it and midtown ended up refunding. Package might a well be lost in the mail.

To recap ordered books on 6/15 for release 6/17.
Books did not ship until 9 days later.
It has been 12 days of being in transit to the next destination. (An entire bin of mail is lost somewhere)
USPS is saying an addition 2-3 weeks before it gets to them.
And no movement on Midtown pulling subsequent orders.

Midtown has gone downhill the past year or so. I used to order from them all the time, and now they are a last resort. Last book I ordered was thanos 1 zaffino variant, and I had to constantly message them asking where my book was. I finally got it almost a month after release, and it is amazing it even survived the trip. I think they low key just wait and see if certain books heat up more than they expect, and then just cancel orders or never fulfill them.

They REALLY gone hill since taking over distributing DC comics. Clearly it’s disrupting their store sales/shipments.

1 Like

DCBS is also markedly different/disorganized. May have already discussed that…but it’s getting even worse. I honestly don’t know what the heck they are even doing. I have open orders/preorders dating back to February. Some with books shipped, still pending, credits all over the place. Their preorders are missing half of the books that should be on there, etc, etc.

Their communication has always been delayed and sub par…but now it is non-existent.

The only reason I still use them is their disorganization results in them putting up old books and variants that have since gone hot for original prices or discounted prices.

It’s definitely gotten worse since the lockdowns and yes, taking on the extra distribution portion of comics has made it worse but honestly, I’ve seen delays since late last year, early this year. I use to order on Wednesdays for new books coming out the next Wednesday, they’d get processed by Thursday and shipping out arriving by Tuesday. 6-7 days tops once books were released was their usual shipping time, even with economy. But for the past 9-10 months for me, it’s taken up to around 2 weeks after books hit shelves to arrive in my hands.

This was the response I got back:
Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience. As stated on our website, all orders are delayed due to COVID19. There are also delays with mail carriers as well. You will receive emails with tracking information once your orders ship. As stated on our website “Please expect a shipping delay as we adhere to CDC guidelines for COVID-19 preparedness.”

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Thank you kindly,

Midtown Comics

Yup…yet most online shops alike TFAW, mycomicshop and Unknowncomicbooks are shipping out products Within a few days after release no problem…

Don’t give them business. I’m all about being safe but COVID can hardly be seen as the reason. They’ve taken on More responsibility that they can effectively handle. No doubt. And the priority has to be to distributing comics for DC first.

My problem was, my latest order finished processing on June 29th but they didn’t slap the shipping label on it to get picked up until July 8th. So it sat there after processing completed for 10 days. Now with USPS delays, its going to take another 7-12 days to arrive.

I get there are some delays but there’s no excuse for an order to sit and do nothing for 10 days.

Here is a great example. I placed an order for one in stock book. Thor 5. They had them in stock and limited to one per. Ok. In stock. They have them. They have yet to ship the order even though they have them in-stock.

It has now been 10 days. They can’t ship an in stock order in less than 10 days? Now I don’t want to complain on this one because I want another copy. But if after 20 days it still has not arrived, I am doing another charge back.

I totally agree. DC is the priority and we are not. When I went to my Comic Shop on Weds. They already had the DC books for the following week in the back! A whole week before, and I can’t get my book in a reasonable time? Three weeks or more to get books from NY to Boston. Really?

Getting mine in a few days. They must not like you or something. These were 7/1 release books mind you.

These just arrived today, and this was because I complained that the order was still sitting there and hadn’t shipped. It finally shipped the same day I complained!

When they came back in stock I bought another. This was on 7/7. But no movement. Will keep an eye on this.

I also ordered the Wednesday variant for Venom 26…probably should have just went with Mycomicshop, but wasn’t sure they would get any in as not all retailers offered them…