X-Force 13 Cover A Ghost?

Reading order or not, a cover appearance can be a game changer as we’ve seen with some other characters like Kamala. I’d imagine Wolverine 6 will be really easy to come by and X-Force 13 harder to find. I wonder if the market will end up preferring the 1st cover over the 1st appearance, since they’re released on the same day.

1 Like

I will have to disagree on this one. I have 50+ of both on preorder. So, I certainly hope they are both huge. People really like to cling to the exceptions to the “rules”. The outliers such as Kamala.

The reason CM 17 2nd print is so valuable is because it’s the first time she appears on a character and they didn’t print many. The rule carries way more often than the exception, but in this case, if X-Force 13 has a low print as I expect it will, then I think it’ll see heat. Assuming the character is well received of course.

I don’t have any copies. I emailed my LCS last night asking for 5 copies of Wolverine 6 and 5 of X-Force 13A but it’s doubtful they’ll be able to fulfill that entire request post-FOC.

Were these books mentioned in the FOC post on CHU?

Not similar to X-Men #2 & 12. Those did not come out on the same day.

Even though Marvel has said Wolverine #6 is the 1st appearance (with regards to the story continuity) , since X-Force #13 comes out on the SAME DAY and it has the 1st cover appearance, XF#13 will be labeled as the first appearance. And people will buy cover A & B over the store exclusive variant because of the lower “investment” cost. Wolverine #6 also has a store exclusive variant from the same store as the XF#13 one.

“The rule carries way more ofter than the exception”? Huh? That is most assuredly not true. As far as books being mentioned here, I am not sure, I dont believe so. I am a huge X-Men fan so these books are always on my personal radar. Marvel obviously teased Solem’s appearance in Wolverine #6 , so there will unquestionably be more Wolverine #6 copies printed. Well, there should ALWAYS be more Wolverine vs X-Force books printed today. :joy::rofl:

Again, will have to disagree. CGC will label Wolverine #6 as first full apearance and will label X-Force #13 as first cover appearance. Anyone who cracks open the books and reads the story will know which came first in the story arc. I dont care that they are released on the same day. I dont have time for a huge back and forth. People should be picking BOTH books up on release day if they haven’t preordered them. That we should all agree on. :ok_hand::+1:

Oh, people will be buying both. But the winner between the two books will be XF#13

And I can appreciate your position, even if I believe it to be wrong. :wink:

What I mean is, typically people want the first full appearance - that is the rule and that’s the scenario that plays out more often than not. There are exceptions though. I don’t have a list of them, but some that come to mind are:

Cameo appearance in the book + cover appearance.
Example: Venom 25 2nd print with Codex inside and on the cover

Cover appearance + low print run preceding a full appearance.
Example: Captain Marvel 17 2nd print vs. Marvel Now… #1

So I think X-Force 13 with a likely low print run (no copies on eBay) may just trump the 1st appearance in Wolverine 6 (which may even just be a cameo, we don’t know).

Anyway, my thoughts sound a lot more collected when they’re still inside my head but I hope this made sense.

Okay.
One, that doesn’t say anything to the actual point of my post. And that is, the XMen are a gold mine for spec ever since Disney acquired the XMen film rights from Fox.
Two, the XMen universe, as you put it, is the same universe as the MCU. Disney/Marvel owns the film rights to XMen.

The appearance in Wolverine #6 will not be a cameo per the artist who drew both books. Everything else could be up for debate (which book will become more valuable, first full or first cover) but Wolverine #6 wont be a cameo.

Has there been a case where a new character debuts in two issues on the same day? Will Wolverine count as the first appearance if it’s first in reading order, or are they both first appearance since they come out the same day?

I can’t answer the first question, but I have never seen anyone read Chapter 2 before reading Chapter 1 of a book (yes, yes,yes FCBD/ pandemic blah blah blah). Wolverine is the first chapter to a book and chapter 2 is in X-Force. That is why I would be shocked if CGC labeled X-Force first appearance. Again, I envision them being labeled first Solem in Wolverine and first cover X-Force. Now, X-Force may also contain other firsts (same could be said about Wolverine) that could altar the dynamics of the books (speculation wise) too.

I never said it was a “cameo”.

It’s simple speculator rules.

For a 1st appearance, if the character is in two or more books released on the same day, and if the character is not on the cover of those books, then the book with the story introduction wins.

For a 1st appearance, if the character is in two or more books released on the same day, and if the character is on the cover of one of the books, then that book wins.

1 Like

Please name all of these instances of same day release first appearance(s) of a character…perhaps this is where the rule will be established because I can’t think of a previous time this occurred (though I am sure it must have).

It’s VERY rare. But since the trend of buying 1st cover appearances took off, people’s buying habits changed.

so rare in fact that you can’t list one. :grinning: :wink:

Another hint for ya. Way more Ebay listings for Wolverine #6 than X-Force #13.

Read the tea leaves, my friend.

Here is a hint for you: NONE of the ebay power sellers of comics have even listed Wolverine #6 or X-Force #13 yet. Unless you think only 4 or 5 random US sellers is representative of the entire market? I am covered either way, but EVERYONE should be buying BOTH covers, not focusing on only 1. Who knows what other first appearances will be in these 2 particular books.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=%22wolverine+6%22+10%2F7&_sacat=0

I see alot…