X-Men ‘97 Coming to Disney+

Guy deleted his social media, seems like something really that led to him being fired rather than the usual “creative differences”

1 Like

WOWZERS !!! :hushed: :hushed: :hushed: :hushed:

I’m sure something unpleasant will be revealed shortly. Hoo boy…

1 Like

They took away Rogues big booty from what I heard people complain about. Maybe he protested too much.

IMG_6675

1 Like

People need to stop saying that and im pretty annoyed at the discourse, people keep using that one shot when it was pretty much the only time rogues ass was like that. Heres another scene from the 90s cartoon

1 Like

For real though, to get fired a week before the show comes out definitely is strange.

I’m trying to get through the original 5 seasons before Mar 20, I’m most of the way through Season 4 but that animation doesn’t hold up well… it is painful at times. I have hope the new series of comics provides some extra instead of just a TV re-hash.

3 Likes

Not my arguement. I find it funny that’s what people are fixated on. But truth be told, everyone has a first crush and there is always a catalyst for it. I can imagine that this image was seeded into the brains of many a fan boy.

For me it was Slave Leia. That image will always be seeded into my brain. At least mine was real and not cartoon.

When I was a wee young one I had a thing for Jasmine in the Aladdin cartoon.

Was wondering why I was seeing Silver Surfer #3 all of sudden hitting sales charts.

Just watched the 1st episode, man what a show., The animation and art are gorgeous especiall during the action scenes and showed some really great use of the powers, they knocked it out of the park

1 Like

episode 1 & 2 were good. better than they any right to be.

but this show survives on nostalgia.

1 Like

Cyclops using his optic blasts to zip around and then later on using it to land safely has made him cooler in just 20 minutes more than over 20 years of x-men movies

1 Like

It’s a real head scratcher. The old X-Men cartoon sucked and everyone’s getting so excited about its reboot. Baffling.

3 Likes

The old X-Men cartoon was amazing and loved. We used to stop everything we were doing lining up to watch every afternoon as the new episodes came out. We recorded them on the VCR to rewatch over and over again. I can’t remember a single cartoon series that was as beloved and the merch and tie ins were everywhere you went. It wasn’t just me, teens at the time would be right there watching with me.

Just the other day I had a small boy ride his bike to the store looking for an X-Men book because he was excited about the new series and wanted more. I had to steer him to a facsimile of #4 since he was too young for most X-men comics and that at least had the comics code stamp on it.

I’m not sure what’s turned you off the original or the new one but it’s reaching a new market and hopefully reigniting the fire in some of the old.

3 Likes

Same. I remember coming home from school hopefing I didnt missed the episode. About 2 years ago, I bought all 5 seasons of the original X-men on DVD. I remember years before that, it was a pain to even find them on DVD. Luckily, our locol Book-Off had plenty of used copies for sale.

I found them on Hulu a few years ago and didn’t even realize there was a 4th and 5th season. The trick in the 90’s was to keep a blank tape in the vcr and hit record right as the episode started each day so you could get them all recorded with commercials.

I found the 1st 2 episodes on a vcr tape at the dollar store once.

Around 2010 I found a collection at the flea market but got home to find it was a horrible bootleg where they appeared to just put a camera in front of a tv with terrible sound.

Most of the originals have print copies under Adventures of the X-Men or X-Men Adventures depending on the season. May be a little spec potential if you can dig them out the cheap boxes or forgot you had them.

That CW documentary on the Marvel Universe goes into this a little. If I understand the story, the lady at Marvel got hired by Fox and was then allowed to buy series from Marvel so that’s how we got the X-Men cartoon finally. The success of the cartoon led to the live action movie. The live action movies directly led to the guy getting hired to create the MCU. It’s almost a straight line from the 1st greatness to the last.

2 Likes

The old series is good and worth a watch but the big problem with it was it had a super low budget. So often thered be errors and inconsistencies in the show. You can find interviews where they talk about it. There were 2 other X-men series after , X-men evolution which was a more modern take on the X-men and most famous for introducing X-23. Then there was wolverine and the x-men which was alright. The 90s cartoon is what most people think of when they think x-men and also helps it eas the 90s when x-men were at their peek of popularity