Yessssssssss

It sounds like you want to keep both versions open which will lead to duplication in topics and double the time trying to read them. Most of your weekly topics at the other site could easily be sub forums here that get a new post added. The one that’s most in need of that over there would be the open mike Wednesday one. By the time that one’s a day old it feels like 17 topics going on and if it was on the message board the new comments would show up at the bottom so we know what to read but over there they pop in to the one they were replied to so I have to read the whole thing over and over again just to make sure I don’t miss something, open another window to see the comments the e-mail notice was surrounded by so I don’t duplicate something already said while searching for it again on a long page and then after posting having it take me to the top of the page where I once again get to scroll down searching for it.

Having that discussion over here might go multiple pages but at least it would encourage a few of those thought trains to spring forth as new separate threads and everything in them added after you read it last would show up underneath so you wouldn’t have to keep rereading the whole thing over and over and over again. :exploding_head:

I love having an edit button here to fix typos and badly phrased things as well. The adding pictures directly option is nice also since normally I have to load them elsewhere and link them in. I had photobucket a few years back disable offsite posted images from showing up on message boards they’d been displayed on ruining a bunch of discussions long term reference value.

Eventually the plan is to integrate comments are posted here but for now, we are keeping them separate as likely not everyone will be on board on jumping ship from just simple WP comments to full on forum.

But for duplicates sake, don’t post a comment on the wordpress site, then post the same comment here. If we start to slowly get readers who want to contribute to the conversation, eventually the forum will grow on them and hopefully it’s a smoother transition over.

As for our posts getting posted here, that is likely part of the plan as well. Posts continue as is on the main site, which is the main hub and the conversation from the posts lead us here to continue.

Is there any way over there to make new comments since the last time you viewed a different color or something so they quit getting lost in the maze of discussions? Bold, highlighted, anything to make them stand out as something new buried in the already read it.

Are you talking about the main site comments? If so, no. Wordpress comments lack useful features.

Yes, out there at the wordplace. It’s a strange feeling out there to not know what’s new without subscribing to every single thing and even that requires making a comment just to subscribe and then you have to remember to click the little box which I’ve forgotten many times and had to say something else.

Now the question becomes, do we check the e-mails first or ignore the e-mails to come here first since there’s a good chance the same things being talked about at both in different places at the same time.

Spot check one, I’d say focus on the forums here when they go live with everyone else. This is where I want to the focus of discussions to be and go.

Happy to be here!

Glad you’re here David.

I totally meant to send you an invite earlier when I was digging through emails of long time CHU readers but you slipped through somehow…

No problem, Poyo, honored to be invited now!

Hey david. Welcome!

Pleasure to be here among my chums, Tony

Thanks for the invite @agentpoyo. Everything looks great. This is going to be huge.

Welcome to the forums. We certainly hope it’s a great new addition to CHU.

Mr. King. Welcome.

If we are going to trade war stories then here’s mine: I built my first PC back in 95 from spare parts I got for the trash. It had a whooping 4 megabytes of ram!! All so I could play Zork.

1995 was a great year!! I was 26 and a little over a year into owning my first retail store aka pet store/bait and tackle and Jurassic Park was still big had been spurring on the sale of baby dinosaurs (iguanas) for over a year. We we’re still 4 years away from our 1st dial-up internet connection so we relied heavily on catolog’s and magazines to promote/inform/educate about new product. The main financial justification for ordering our 1st computer was to scan all those catalog pages and organize them 4 years later that were overflowing the file cabinets by the turn of the Century which we weren’t supposed to have survived due to the doom and gloom computer crashes forecast for all the clock issues.

In 1995 comics were already a pretty forgotten source for reading since Marvel had shut down Newsstand distribution at the end of 1991 and all the spin racks had disappeared with the other publishers by the end of 1993. It made the X-Men animated tv show reruns on FOX a big deal in the afternoons tripping down memory lane from a dead formerly loved entertainment source. Back then, with no comic book stores within 60 miles and no internet, there was no way to know they were still being produced!!! Out of sight, out of mind.

This is nice.Thank you

Welcome Pops

Anthony can you allow me to post more than one photo says I’m only allowed one because I’m new. Would help so I can do quick Weekend Specs here and you can copy paste em to the site.