1st VENGEANCE (Bane's Daughter)

In my case, I was buying Nightwing 78 (2 week after release) before it showed up on Key Collector App, when the guy dropped the hammer saying you can’t buy this book because you already bought this before Bought it from previous visit couple days backs. Needless to say, once it showed up on KeyCollectorApp, game over.

2 Likes

If its just sitting on their shelf he should be happy to sell it.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is ridiculous. He woukd have gotten a pretty snarky remark from myself, and he would of lost a customer. I’m looking for a vendor, not a comic book babysitter. You need to find a LCS that is trying to sell their inventory, imo. :beers:

This was going for $250 at my LCS. I passed. Got a cover A instead.

It can stay at your LCS for that much… hope they sit on it for a long time!

3 Likes

Honestly, do you think that cover design justifies to be more than $10?

1 Like

I’m not that big of a Bane-head so I would only buy it to flip it, but I’m pretty sure it will lose most of that $250 value.

its probably fine at $100 or a little more. $250 is way too high. Im not as dismissive of it as most are on here, but those high end prices are a bit insane to me.

I got to my LCS late today. They had a 1:25 on the shelf that I left there. I didn’t even look at the price, I’m sure it was fair but the cover didn’t geab me. I’m a huge Punchline fan, but Federici’s drawing of her doesn’t appeal to me. I grabbed my Cover A though.

I’m really enjoying the Joker story so far.

1 Like

£150 ($250) at my LCS too. Hard pass for me, can’t ever see it retaining that value.

Very cool! What frames are those? I haven’t had any luck with the few frames I’ve tried so far.

Dollar Tree certificate frames. Only $1 each with acid free paper behind the comic (the cardboard backing with the frame is rough). I have 100+ of them in my small office velcroed to the wall.

The downside is no UV protection so I can’t open the window blinds and use LED bulbs for the room itself (LED has gotten cheap so no biggie).

I disassembled smaller frames to velcro to the wall for nano metalfigs display.

3 Likes

Velcroed nano metalfigs Spider-Man scene, pretty cheap.

6 Likes

Wow, they look great. Thanks!

Sounds like it will be a fart in the wind.

1 Like

Yeah the daughters and sons of whoever never seem to do very well. Damien might be as good as it gets? I do have hopes that Deathstrokes protege sees a nice role down the road but she ain’t a daughter if I remember correctly

What an EPIC wall hot dawg!

Awesome… love that Ben Reilly cover. One of my all time faves.

Bought the Ben Reilly new as a kid, thankfully I was smart enough to bag and board it.

3 Likes

Nice… none of the comics from my childhood survived.

:sob: