2nd 3rd and 4th printings!

One LCS here stopped doing pull lists cuz of this reason. They where loosing money. Now if you come from Wed-Sun, you get 30% off whatever issue came that week and you pull them off the racks yourself. There is no holding books or anything like that.

1 Like

Yeah, they haven’t updated yet.

I’m waiting to pre-order from them cause a lot of other shops are a little higher on pre-order discount. Midtown has them listed for $4.79 while I think TFAW will likely list them at $4.19 like the regular 4th print they already have listed.

$5 deposit for ongoing titles solves a lot of that. By the time you realize they aren’t coming to get them, you already have 2 or 3 issues in the box and another on order. Sometimes more. Even if you bail on the back end and lose your deposit, if your getting discounts and hung around for at least 5 issues you’ve already gotten more than that back in discount savings.

I just pulled about 30 out of boxes today and only 1 of them appears to be an issue I actually need in stock that isn’t already.

I’ve also got 2 clowns at $70 retail plus $25 or so in Diamond freight sitting here for 3 weeks now the guy swore he’d be in to grab them the day they came in. I need to be more strict on deposits for non comic items as well.

2 Likes

My LCS does 50% deposit on non comic items. And if the item gets cancelled, then you get your $ back

I vary the amount depending on the item but if it gets cancelled at the wholesaler you get all your money back. That’s not an area to try and be profiting on. Now if you’re trying to cancel something after the order that I can’t get out of myself that’s a different situation. Most items after FOC type dates are non-cancellable or have a charge like Entertainment Earth does to cancel them. I posted an example last week, most non comic items are things we make little or no money on that are offered as a perk for shopping with us for other stuff. Hopefully that’s going to change some now with Diamond’s new flat 3% shipping rate if they actually do as advertised. Some of the items like the Gallery Figures from Diamond I suspect we actually lose money selling when Diamond ships them in a box by themselves for $25 to $30 freight charge plus what we paid for them. Then there’s always that one guy who’s throwing a fit that you will not lower the price even more on the one he wants.

1 Like

Just confirmed with TFAW that they are not adding the Ultimate Spider-Man #1 4th Print Blank Variant… bummer, I was buying 10 so I’m buying elsewhere…

That sucks… I had added 3 of them.

I don’t get the excitement of a blank cover for that particular book. What would you have an artist draw in it? Spider-Man?

1 Like

Yes!!!

Me either. Rather have the reg cvr

I don’t see the difference between this book and any other blank cover on a spider-man book. It’s not like you can ask an artist to draw ultimate spider-man…and it looks any different than regular Spider-man.

1 Like

Yes. Ultimate Spider-Man has a mustashhhh… :grin:

I planned on sketching on some of them…

Well also consider, if a major retailer like TFAW missed out cause it was added a wee bit later than the regular 4th print cover, other shops might of missed out too.

Probably right. However, there needs to be some demand if it will do anything. I can’t remember a blank cvr ever doing much. This is kind of a unique situation though

WEAPON X #1 2ND PRINT

I’ve had a couple make it to double cover before selling but that’s been a few years or more after release. In general though I don’t buy them except by request.

The Bat-Man: First Knight #1 2nd Print

1 Like

Why?

Good looking cover

1 Like