2nd 3rd and 4th printings!

Why not just get the first prints then? I don’t really see the appeal of the second prints when the first prints didn’t make much noise.

I grabbed a fair amount of Teen Titans and Wonder Woman Yara 2nd prints myself.

I think they’ll be fairly low print for DC books.

I think the covers and the print runs are the appeal. I’m not really into the other titles myself.

I like additional printings because they arent offered months in advance.

1 Like

That’s true, but isn’t there some debate over whether they are ‘true’ first appearances since they usually come out like a month after the first print?

1 Like

Once upon a time collectors deemed the additional prints as undesirable, now we live in a world where they’re desirable because there’s less of them than the first prints. Doesn’t even matter now if the characters end up being important or cool, FOMO is real…

3 Likes

So Aphra #7 2nd isn’t orderable now on TFAW before FOC?.. What gives?

Because I bought them all… I’m going to be richer than all those people on Reddit buying up Gamestop stock… :wink:

3 Likes

Why buy there, when you can buy it here : https://hanahancomics.com/products/star-wars-doctor-aphra-7-2nd-printing-variant-02-24-2021?variant=32383714295891

Heh…check out the prices on Future State Teen Titans 2nd already!

thanks!

sheesh…i gotta check how many i bought.

These are all pre-sales. Once the LCSs sell their copies on Tuesday the supply will balloon :balloon:. I think the prices will drop, but you’ll likely still be able to move them for well over cover, probably $15-20.

Yeah, I’ve been steadily moving the Cover A and Nguyen variant for $15 each. Definitely a good pick up if you see any in the shops.

1 Like

Yeah what happened? So does this mean an even more sought after 2nd print?

Actually, today it’s all about scarcity and cover being “slab worthy”…

Doesnt even matter if the book came out after the 1st print…If the story is the same and cover has the character on it people want it more…and that demand versus the smaller supply (short time between announcement and FOC or late cover art reveal) drives up the price.

It’s all ball bearings these days.

Probably just some error on the back end. There was something else being weird with the listing for it on Friday. I’ll take a look a little later.

1 Like

It also shows up as $3.19 instead of the usual $2.79 that’s before foc

I saw that too, initially, but I deleted my ordered copies and went back and it was 2.79 and I could add them at the regular pre-foc price. I wouldn’t recommend doing this until they fix the sold out issue though! It might be/have been a caching issue

Also, the Walking Dead Deluxe 2nd prints only have issue 6. Wonder if TFAW will get 1-5 up before FOC on Monday.

1 Like

Later printings are just like GameStop stock you take something no one wants get a group of people to buy it out cheap, pump it on your website and prey upon those dumb enough to believe you. That’s how the later printing craze started.

6 Likes