2nd 3rd and 4th printings!

I agree with you 100. The world building is immense, I’m not sure im 25 in but i bought 5 copies of each as i have that many of all the prints save for the ratios, i only have 2 of each. I’ll be patiently waiting.

2 Likes

I would assume there will be more printings in the future of both of these issues when the 2nd arc drops…

I loved the explanation behind the story building too in issue 5! I totally felt everything they talked about…and the music is awesome!

I regret selling all my issue 1’s first prints…I drove around to multiple shops and picked up a whole bunch of them… sold them easily for $15 each at the time. Ended up buying a 9.8 for $75 and 2 of the incentive variants because I remembered how much I liked the series…luckily right before it popped!

Really looking forward to the next arc!

2 Likes

@faele 25 of each issue? I still need a a lone 2nd Print of issue #1 for my PC if you have those :grinning:

Track one of these beauties down if you can. North of $200 on eBay now.

3 Likes

Wow, where is that one from?

Comic Blend. Gold foil is absurdly pretty. Looks like two on ebay. $175 and $250. Sales on ebay are around $150-200.

1 Like

I’m not sure about 25 too, but there are lots of people here smarter than me so who knows. The way I see it with these reprints is that if the prices of the first prints get out of hand, people may seek out the later printings in the future. They will do it by buying the ones that are most aesthetically pleasing with a lower print run.

I find the blue color on the #1 4th print really beautiful and #5 3rd print very striking as well. These will look gorgeous to have graded, that’s why I’m getting a few copies for my collection.

I also came onto this series late. Didn’t read it until all 5 issues were out and #5 was popping in the aftermarket. Luckily, I found #5 still sitting on the shelf at my shop and my LCS was nice enough to get me the first few issues of the first prints at cover. Read them all at once and loved it.

I only have one copy of each of the first prints, so it’s risky for me to sell it now. If the prices for it gets out of hand then I might sell it and keep the reprints. However I think this series has a lot of legs and has everything going for it. Low print run, slow organic growth, well received without any media option news. This one’s a keeper. I think the people who are selling the #1s and #5s for $50 on ebay right now are going to regret it in the future. These first print issues already had a minuscule print run to begin with.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the store exclusive? Can’t recall who released it, but I never got one. Beautiful book though

1 Like

Haha, remember, I’m buying 25 to put most on the store, not to keep. I’ll probably tuck away 5 of those for my PC :wink:

2 Likes

These store exclusives are beautiful but I’m not going down that rabbit hole. If I did I would be adding thousands of dollars extra to my budget every month, so I’m not doing it no matter how pretty they are.

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t fork over $200, but if I could, I would! Those are awesome…I’ve seen a few for the other issues in the series too and can’t believe I didn’t even know they existed.

Probably 1 out of every 500 store exclusive actually heat up and retain some value… only time you buy is either a) support the store or b) cover art you really just want for PC or c) quick flip

I’m now immune to most store variants. Even if I like the cover, I’ll normally pass.

3 Likes

to be fair, that store exclusive has the 1st cover appearances of new characters that are introduced in #5, hence all the spec. but yes i agree 99.9% of all store exclusives are stinky.

1 Like

Agreed. I’m very selective with what I get from store exclusives. And, I almost always try to do the buy 2, sell 1 deal, but it doesn’t always work. I bought 2 Shadecraft TFAW exclusives. Sold one for $90, then turned down several offers for $80 for the second. Then I read that issue and now I regret passing on $80. I’d take $60 now!

1 Like

Haha, I know what you mean about Shadecraft. I thought it was rubbish. Can’t believe it got optioned, I believe I just might not be the target audience. Will be selling my copies at some point, right now I’m just too lazy to sell anything.

I’d take $60 too! I bought 5 though, and sold 2 already at $90 ;). I’m good with free comics at the end of the day…or a little profit! Can’t even sell the first prints now…

Shadecraft 1 will pop again when we get more option news. Just be ready to pounce and get rid of them before it’s too late.

3 Likes

Yup… might be soon could be never… still waiting on this same writers “media deal option and news” for Skyward that ironically got the same news like the week of or week after release 3 years ago I think.

Don’t hold your breath, if this writer keeps pumping out new books and claims media deal, yet we never see them come to our screens, then perhaps we can just conclude he’s doing it just to pump his book for more sales.

2 Likes

Any other reprints you guys picking up this month that’s worthy to grab a few extra copies? I think We Live is a must, not sure about anything else.