Batman The Adventures Continue #4

What is Jims Comics?

Youtuber who Key collector gets a lot of info from. He gives spec thoughts on key issues etc. His videos are fun to watch I just enjoy the info and how he advocates for never paying over inflated Ebay prices. Give it a watch hes pretty on the mark. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1CYWu3zpjA_QuLyNFYFWrg

1 Like

Jim’s Comics definitely promoted the issue as good potential right before release. Sonny is a protege of Deathstroke. I bought a few extra copies as Jim has a good eye for things and is often ahead of the curve.

But that was a few weeks ago. No idea what that book just popped in the last few days.

2 Likes

I think the print run on this is pretty low and with some going to the B cover, the A will be even lower. I’m surprised it even had a variant to begin with. #2 print runs are usually very small since shops haven’t had a chance to see customer demand as #1 wasn’t out yet when FOC for #2 hit. So any type of spec in a situation like this can cause a book to blow up with FOMO definitely setting in. I’m gonna hit up a few shops today to see if I can find a copy or two to list tonight.

1 Like

20 minute trip was worth it lol. Already had 2 of the A cover from when it released (and another as the series is on my pull). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Supply dried up. But you can still find them online and shops should have them too. Not a popular series yet.

I like the Peach shop variant too. But I like the Ghost Spider 2 variant.

Still not too bad…you can get the set of trade/minimal trade for less than $60 Shipped still on the ebay…I think shops charged $45 plus shipping originally.

Trade by itself is sold out everywhere.

Bill at Economics and Comics mentioned this book and first full Sunny before the final order cutoff for this book’s release had even happened. I have multiple 9.8s because of his foc vid. HE DONT EVEN PAY ME FOR THIS ADVERTISEMENT LOL.

1 Like

The digital comic came out months before #2 saw print. Everyone knew (or should have known) about Sunny’s 1st appearance.

1 Like

Jimcomics

I’d honestly wager a hefty amount that if I did a general survey of most of the people I talk to, see, and interact with at my local LCS…80% would not recognize, nor be familiar with any of the things we have mentioned above (JIM comics, Comics in Economics, the acronym FOC, etc).

1 Like

Found one for $14 #2

1 Like

I think that is being generous. I’d say it’s probably closer to 95%. Look at the views for their videos, then compare that with the big print runs for event books (which is probably as close as we could get to estimating how many people buy comics to read). That calculation, although very rough, might give you some insight into the theory. :man_shrugging: Big event books can sell upwards of 200,000 copies on a very good day. Those videos maybe get 2000 views, at the most. :man_shrugging: I understand that there is a whack load of variables that would need to be accounted for, hence a very rough estimate.

1 Like

There may be something else going on with the book as well that has others interested? Throughout 2 and 3 we have a new “mystery bag guy” pulling the strings behind the scenes. He is shown in both #2 and #3. Just a plain ole fellow, but who knows?

Sunny is also in number #3, but really, this issue/run, is more about this mysterious dude than anything else.

If it’s simply about Sunny, then grab #3 as well. She’s throughout the book/integral to the plot…but it’s certainly nothing to get excited about imo.

Someone took my $40 offer for the Peach set for #2 as well, that was the original price when it went on sale :woman_shrugging::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Right, until DC makes her a superhero. This is a spec book.

Sold the trade dress Peach #2 for $26

Wow…flipping an auction win before you even get it. Power play!

I grabbed the set for $60 shipped…them saw the one that was slightly more but was OBO and thought I probably could have done better. Mine included free priority shipping though. Haven’t decided if I’m selling the limited trade or full trade yet, but I’m not keeping both.

Likely keep the full trade as it will better pair with my Ghost Spider 8 trade…if Comic Mint ever ships it, that is…17 days and counting without as much as a tracking number…

I went into one LCS this afternoon. Guy working said ‘I don’t have #2. It’s a $20 book supposedly on EBay and the speculators cleaned me out!’.

Another LCS by me didn’t have it in stock either. Glad I bought online before the sold out.

I’ll be getting the Peach #2 signed trade by Christmas hopefully. It seems like any key is instantly a $20 book.