Black Adam movie expected December 2021

I’m going to be interested to what kind of “take” the movie portrays for him. I read the interview “The Rock” did about him and I almost felt like he is being turned into a fairly light hearted/good natured anti-hero. I believe the quote was something along the lines of “He’s a super hero who just likes to do things his way”…that’s not really how I see the character, but just my opinion of course.

1 Like

On a side note Black Adam appears on the cover of Alter Ego Magazine #7 from 1965. Not sure if he is shown on the interior but this magazine Is out there. From what I know of Alter Ego (and I know very little) it is more of a fanzine than anything else so that might limit its desirability to some. I think this falls more in line with something a Black Adam completist would want.

Also, it should be noted that the Black Adam story from Marvel Family #1 is reprinted in Shazam #8 (1973). Yeah, it was published before #28 but a reprint. This book could have some legs but #28 will always be the big winner.

2 Likes

I do think Black Adam will be portrayed as more of a typical hero type. It would be nice if they keep a bit of his dark side, but the Rock is very appealing to audiences so I am not sure the studio heads will want him to look like a jerk (which BA certainly can be). We’ll see. Hopefully they get the mix just right.

@rob92807
I’m looking forward to it regardless. I loved the look on the movie poster they released!
Thanks for the info on the books! Good to know!
I am not super familiar with the character other than more recent stuff.

1 Like

Excellent. Very helpful, informative, and appreciated. I’ll be on the lookout for copies… Thx!

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

Everyone looks 50 feet tall.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Hawkman has never been a match for Black Adam. Of the above poster characters, only Dr. Fate would have a chance. The movie probably sets him (Adam) up for a fight (sequel) with Captain Marvel (if the movie does well). I am worried that they’ve crammed too many characters in the movie, diluting the story. This has shades of the Scorpion King, but I hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

That movie was great, though!

OK, not great; cheesy like most Rock movies.

These merch arts look damn good especially that black/gold poster.

1 Like

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

3 Likes

Came here to post this with the same caption!

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes
6 Likes

Who does Pierce Brosnan play ? Dr. Fate ? They show him putting on a helmet, but it wasnt clear to me. Also, who was in the sky-sleds ?