Black Panther 2: Atlantis vs Wakanda

The rumor is that Namor is featured in Black Panther 2:

Thanks to the film’s official production sheet, made available by Production Weekly, we finally have a logline for the film. Granted it is lengthy, but it provides some excellent context for the film, gives the audience a better idea of what to expect, and – most importantly – finally confirms the debut of Namor!

You can read the entire thing down below:

“Both Wakanda and Atlantis are hidden civilizations with advanced technology and increased militaristic abilities that decided to separate themselves from the rest of the world for their own safety, and in a way, out of fear. Wakanda feared that their technology would be abused. Atlantis feared that surface dwellers would come and desecrate the mythical city just as they did so many years ago. And yet their fears escalate even further when these two once-hidden nations clash with each other. Wakanda and Atlantis have a shockingly intertwined history. Wakanda is the only county in the world with access to vibranium. However, rumors of its power spread throughout the world, and Namor’s human father was sent searching for this rare material in Antartica…”

1 Like

Mmmm… Hmmm… old news… Black Panther 2 Release Date Announced - #21 by monopolyjackson

1 Like

Cool. Glad you guys are on it.

1 Like

Might catch some heat?

3 Likes

@SpideyHunter516 Great books and agreed!
I posted this way back then lol… I’ll pat myself on the back a bit!

1 Like

They wouldn’t use Namora they would use Namorita. Namora appears as a flash back and dead body one time one panel in the whole Marvel Sub-Mariner 1st series Namorita is the female he has numerous books with.

Completely understand your point. But this the MCU they can abandon comic logic for the movies.

1 Like

There’s very little Marvel Namora content she’s a golden age pre Marvel character other then a run in 2006 Agents of Atlas and a few what if books. Her Name isn’t even Namora it’s Aquaria Nautica Neptunia.

Also why would they cast a Mexican to play the cousin of an Asian. I think they cast a Mexican actress under a aztecian code name has nothing to do with Namora, Namor, or Atlantis

Because the actor they possibly cast for Namor is hispanic and they seem to going for Aztecs for the Atlanteans
https://screenrant.com/black-panther-2-namor-tenoch-huerta-cast/

They ain’t race swapping Namor not after the back lash for the ancient one that tells you it’s not Namor

But Namor isn’t explicitly stated to be asian

1 Like

That’s what I thought as well about his race.

Edit: He’s half human/half Atlantean if we’re being specific.

I don’t even know how to argue against Namor isnt Asian since he’s one of the oldest most racistly drawn Asian characters in the last 100 years.

2 Likes

Asian isn’t the right word. Asia is a huge continent with a very diverse population. Iran, a country in Asia, has its ethnic people’s looking very different from the ethnic people’s of Japan or of Russia’s Siberia, which are also Asian nations. I’m not sure what the proper word is, but I know it’s not Asian.

I’m just British. The correct term for us is “The Prototype of patriarchal colonial oppression and racism.” In case anybody was wondering.

3 Likes

East-Asian or Pacific Islander are what I would feel are most suitable with regards to Namor.

Namor is a fictional character that lives in the sea… I don’t think any of our current races apply to him for the most part (except that he’s half Caucasian judging from his father’s origin). I would not depict the character solely based on how the artist drew them at any given time, they likely drew them to resemble what they thought Atlantean’s looked like as living in the sea.

Bringing up a race that’s not even related to the character is just silly… it’s moot at this point in time since Namor is not “Asian”.

6 Likes

This. This is just like getting mad or upset when marvel reveals someone is gay or or bi or whatever. They never explicitly stated the character’s sexuality but people just assume every single character in every book is straight.

1 Like