Black Panther 2: Atlantis vs Wakanda

I think you’ve hit it on the nose. A fictional character from a fictional land shouldn’t be pidgeon holed into the f’d up political correctness world we find ourselves in.
According to Namors wiki page (which is a fascinating read, given his extensive history, fyi) his species is a Human/Atlantean hybrid, who is the mutant son of a human sea captain and a princess of the mythical undersea kingdom of Atlantis.
No where in Namors wiki page did I read the word Asia, Asian, or anything to that effect. Namor is just a magical dude from a made up place in fictional comic book stories, who’s name is ‘Roman’ spelled backwards. :merman:

3 Likes

From literature, doesnt Atlantis lie between the South American continent and the African continent ? So, Namor might have a heritage that may be more South American or African or a mix. The proximity to Africa might also serve as starting point for his interaction with Wakanda. Keep in mind Atlantis is a theory, not a proven fact.

4 Likes

The other option could be that Atlantis is near Greece, but then there should be more of a Greek mythology interaction (i.e. Hercules, Zeus, etc.). I’m not sure I buy the Asian or the Pacific heritage, but many possibilities could exist (its all fiction :grinning:) I guess only Bill Everett can really confirm Namor details.
Aquaman is/was a Caucasian guy in the comics, in the movies he is Polynesian. Things can change ! I’m OK with anything as long as the back story makes some sense.

1 Like

I know Namor has fought Thor, has he ever tussled with Hercules ?

It’s like assuming every human is straight…even yourself :flushed:

1 Like

Every since I was young (8 or so), and saw The Untouchables, I thought the Man in the White Suit looked like Namor.

The actor, Billy Drago (wicked handle), I just learned now, is of Anglo-European (Romani) and Native American decent. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

This is how Sub Mariner and all Atlantians should look.

9 Likes

Well at least they got the fin right.:joy:

4 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

1 Like

Bunch of firsts in that KIB: Namor #1 book!

2 Likes

This is great lmao

2 Likes

Article for anyone interested

1 Like

Ironheart 9 cover with both Shuri and Riri.

Will it be a touted 'hot list 'book? :thinking:

1 Like

there on 12 cover to

1 Like

Both aren’t the greatest covers but im sure someone bought them all up and will say otherwise on their hot list.

3 Likes

they always do

1 Like

I picked up 9 cause of @Anthony

So he called it first! :+1: :grinning:

Yesssss!