Bloodline - Daughter of Blade

I thought this might be an April Fools joke, but multiple sites reporting on “The next Miles”…

https://www.cbr.com/blade-daughter-bloodline-brielle-marvel/

2 Likes

it was known back in feb about her being in the book, so print run is gonna be big

1 Like

Yes. We discussed the possibility in the Villain Gaming thread, but this was the first time I’ve seen actual confirmation it was Blades daughter (though to your point, highly thought this would be the case).

Disclaimer I purchased the 1:1000 package from him at the time, so do have some financial interest. Still has value, IMO.

3 Likes

I dont even know if I can buy into the new character. The writer is very political on Twitter and the artist is very mediocre, from the look of her MAGIC & Power Ranger covers. I can already see where this is going…

3 Likes

I’m only going to pick this up if it heats up and I can find it cheap at my shop. Otherwise I’m going to skip it.

The author has already written issues of The Champions, Black Panther and Iron Heart, so you may want to keep those off your reading list too.

Yep Yep Yep - I see it as well.
I will be passing on supporting the title as either reading material and/or speculation material.
I don’t need that horse crap

2 Likes

Yea, but this is a new character…free range

2 Likes

You don’t have to like someone to make money off them. Although I’m not fully informed and understand your position.

1 Like

As long as a writer isn’t outright hateful or terrible in their political views that won’t stop me from reading their work usually (not always, but usually). I’m not against animal testing for life-saving drugs and I like chicken too much to be a vegan but I’ll still read and love Morrison’s work, for example. I’m more likely to stop supporting a writer if they are just doing awful stuff that is bad regardless of political affiliation. For example, when it was revealed Warren Ellis was basically using his popularity to do all kinds of skeezy stuff to/with fans and take advantage of their admiration under the guise of being a mentor who ended up asking for nudes or sexual favors. I’m politically closer aligned with Ellis than Chuck Dixon any day of the week but I’d probably read some Dixon Batman before I revisit anything by Ellis.

To summarize, a writer differing from me politically to some degree doesn’t usually stop me from exploring their work. Now, if they’re just an outright hateful monster like Ethan Van Sciver I ain’t gonna give them the time of day. Let’s talk more about this new character than the author’s views now.

4 Likes

Honestly anyone in a position of power for a decent amount of time is going to take advantage of that in many different ways. Not condoning bad behavior but it’s how it is. I love Warren Ellis and Morrison and will read anything they put out regardless of political opinions or shitty illegal behavior.

The stigma of an author/creator can taint the character, regardless of potential desirability. I believe that to discuss the author is discussing the character. Honestly, I could care less about their personal thoughts or opinions, but I certainly would look at their product for myself to make the determination on if it is crap or not. I would be hesitant to let the views of society make decisions for myself. From a speculation standpoint, their product can be tainted by public opinion, and this may certainly lessen the desirability for Bloodline.

Someone in a position of power “could” take advantage, but to broad-stroke everyone in a statement like that is probably overstated. There are still far more good/normal people around making content than the few that have been pointed out.

1 Like

It is a free comic book day comic. You should be able to get it at zero cost.

3 Likes

In that case I’ll grab a bunch, thx

1 Like

Villain had a great deal on the FCBD titles and there was already info on this character appearing so I picked up a 5 pack. I’m excited about the potential of this character.

2 Likes

Villain Gaming thread?

The Avengers / Xmen is the one Bloodline is supposed to be in right? Just double checking.

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Gracias! Wanted to make sure I posted the right FCBD issues.

1 Like