BRZRKR - Keanu Reeves as Writer

Be cooler if you scrolled up… I kid… I kid… :wink:

Every thread is people bitchin’ and moaning about store variants and foil covers. It’s hard to dig through the chaff.

Shall I start smiting them then? Alright, anyone who bitches and moans gets the whip… and I’ll pull a David Copperfield and make your comments vanish… @drunkwooky demands nothing but positive happiness now on the forums. :wink:

I love store exclusives. And I love foil. Do I get the free SIKTC book now? I’m not entirely sure how this works.

Hearing rumors this could be that Secret variant I posted about last night on the TFAW Ratio thread… Would be rad.

The SIKTC is the secret variant or some sort of Netflix variant?

Nah, I love the bitching and moaning. gives me license to bit$h and moan.

It’s weird this forum censors bit$h but not bitching.

You have to buy BRZRKR books and then in the details, it says “while supplies last”; so buying doesn’t guarantee you anything free from what I’ve read from the details shared by an unknown source. I can see a lot of retailers holding back copies and listing them on eBay at jacked up prices.

I’m not playing these games BOOM!. If you really wanted people to become fans of SIKTC, you’d make it so they redeem the book directly from you after purchasing your BRZRKR books…

So, here’s how it works from my understanding:

For every 3 copies of BRZRKR #2 ordered, the retailer will receive 1 copy of the 8th printing of SIKTC #1.

Sounds like you must redeem your free copy at a participating retailer and you must order 3 copies of the same book and even then, sounds like the retailer doesn’t have to give you anything cause they could claim “no supplies”… unless you make sure you’re good with your retailer and if ordering 3 copies, they secure a copy for you.

Just another marketing trick to boost their print run numbers if you ask me. Bravo BOOM!, bravo…

I can make it censor it… I think I did that cause “bitching” is used differently than “bit$h” as it’s normally someone using it directly towards someone else.

Understood. Makes sense.

Anyway, what was this thread about?

How BOOM! kind of sucks… and they’re marketing trickery to get people to buy multiple copies of the same thing so they can cash out and brag about their massive print runs for their books.

I like gimmick covers. This gimmick to get that SIKTC new printing is confusing though.

“It’s super easy to get your SIKTC variant! Almost as easy as saying the long names of comic books nowadays. I digress.

To get your SIKTC variant, simply buy a foil BRZRKR #1. Then, take that book down the block to the coffee shop that only allows payments in rubies. Pay the man your rubies for a shot in the dark. That’s a black coffee with a shot of espresso. He’ll ask you “what do you want?” Reply “to be mortal.” He’ll hand you your coffee. When you return to your table, a man will offer you a golden ticket for your BRZRKR #1 foil. Don’t accept the trade, though. Take that man’s shoe laces and return to the comic store. Hide the BRZRKR #1 and shoe laces behind a stack of Funko POPs. Next week, return and buy BRZRK #2 foil. If your comic and shoe laces are still hidden where you left them, take both issues back to the coffee shop. There, a man with no nose will ask “do you smell what Keanu’s cook in’!?!!” Reply “Netflix and chill!” That man will hand you a comic that appears to be a SIKTC variant comic. Return to the comic store. There the LCS owner will reveal that the SIKTC variant is actually just a first print Walking Dead #1. That’s right! It’s not even from BOOM! If you can resist the temptation to accept the first print Walking Dead #1 and walk away, the LCS owner will hand you your SIKTC variant and keep TWD #1.

See?! Easy. “

6 Likes

Boom way overprints all their #1 books

:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Yes very easy

So I talked to my LCS and they say it works like this: Buy #1 and #2 Foils. Come back with the coupons and there is a chance you may get one but they do not guarantee it since the copies of the book are a ratio of what they purchase for #1 and #2 foil. So buy both for the chance to get one. Ummmm no. I am hoping the ones from tfaw are in fact the SIKTC book.

1 Like

So, that’s a likely violation of most state lottery and gambling laws. But ok.

1 Like

I did see a surprise boom incentive last week on foc. It may have been siktc1. It was orderable 1 per 3 brzrkr 2. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

It got me to order 18 brzrkr 2. To qualify for 6.

Ahh I hope that boom surprise variant was siktc1 from TFAW, I managed to get one in my preorders.

1 Like