BRZRKR - Keanu Reeves as Writer

But if they were, it’s suppose to be given to those who ordered BRZRKR books… so it’s very odd on how these are going to pan out. I have a feeling some people are gonna be heartbroken if they cancel such orders on them. Hopefully BOOM has something in place that prevents shops from just selling them since they’re suppose to be given to consumers who bought BRZRKR comics…

I have a feeling BOOM! didn’t think out this SIKTC chance giveaway they got going on… They seem so focused on boosting their overall “print” numbers, they don’t care if they F you in the Arse when you don’t get a copy they essentially promised but will likely get away cause they can just refer to the fine print of… “While Supplies Last” which means the retailers can just say… “Sorry, all out!”

1 Like

So now you want BOOM to take some pages out of Bad Ideas book and start trying to control their supply at the lcs huh…:wink:

1 Like

LCS said it’s a Foil cover with Erica, and I think he might have said that it’ll look like BRZKR #1 foil.

Imgur

1 Like

For example, Gambling or Fringe Gambling is illegal in Utah.

A Lottery is a form of Fringe Gambling under the Utah Code definitions.

Lottery is defined as " any scheme for the disposal or distribution of property by chance among persons who have paid or promised to pay any valuable consideration for the chance of obtaining property, or portion of it, or for any share or any interest in property, upon any agreement, understanding, or expectation that it is to be distributed or disposed of by lot or chance, whether called a lottery, raffle, or gift enterprise, or by whatever name it is known."

So, the Local Comic Shop customer purchases two BRZRKR comics in exchange for money, or “paid…valuable consideration”, to potentially obtain the SIKTC comic of which we know there is a finite and insufficient supply, or " obtaining property…by…chance."

This is why promotional schemes always include a “no purchase is necessary” alternative where you mail in to McDonald’s or whatever in order to get a random game piece.

Was the sheet in your copy of BRZRKR or did your shop hand it to you?

Shop handed it to me. Had a note under the books that they were up at the counter and you’d get when purchased. Glad they did that, woulda hated buying extra copies lol

The insert came inside the books. Some stores may take them out, others may leave them in. We left them inside, but they’re at the center fold if so. I’d assume the store will be sent the same amount of copies as the foils. I wouldn’t be surprised if some stores don’t leave these inside books or give them to customers.

2 Likes

I wouldnt be surprised if retailers keep the SIKTC book and claim it’s “sold out”…

5 Likes

Yup, so far, I’m seeing nothing in the details provided that would stop them from doing such things. BOOM! needs to pull a Bad Idea and tell them they can’t sell unclaimed copies for the first 30 days or something…

1 Like

@fizz thanks for sharing, as it didn’t appear to be the case on my insert! Glad you shared for sure. Guessing they were worried people would pull them out / ruin books then at my LCS.

I’m in Something is Killing the Children 8th Printing (04/28/2021) | The One Stop Shop Comics & Games

2 Likes

That’s exactly how it should be done. Now, I wonder if this shop is taking on the extra 2 copies you don’t have to order to get the book. :thinking:

It doesn’t say which copies of #1 and #2

I’m going with the Foils, but the website won’t let me complete my purchase. I’ma try later.

Is it cover Ds?

I’m ordering Cs if it would let me.

Well, they got me.

I did pick up 1 copy of the foil with the insert. They only had two on the shelf.

I showed it to them and they did not know any details other than people were calli about it this morning and they were getting annoyed. They didn’t even know if they’d get any SIKTC copies or how many. But said they’d hold me a copy of if I bought issue 2 foil as the card says because they know me.

I’ll likely have my LCS order me issue #2 and remind them it’s coming. Has FOC already passed?

FOC was Monday

Variant D was the foil that had the insert today.