"But I'm pretty sure she's my daughter"

Yes. That is an accurate statement, i think. I justified it in my head by the fact that I will be able to get my copy of the 1:25 in person on release day, picked from a stack, and the fact that it was payed for with the profits of selling the 1st print. Im still in the black on this character, so Im cool with my fomo, this time round.

Thatā€™s the problem with some though. Some think the first full or first full + cover should be the most valuable. This is where they try to debate which is which. Some will say her first appearance is #6 cause itā€™s the most valuable. If you take the definition of appearance, itā€™s an actual second appearance. You canā€™t be in two places at the same time right? #5 is first, itā€™s a cameo appearance. #6 is second appearance but itā€™s still her first full appearance.

Label them how you see fit, but the market decides the value based on demand. MCP6 will likely win out all the others when it comes to value, now and forever.

IH181 is Wolverines 2nd appearance and ASM300 is Venoms 4th appearance, if we want to get technical. So Im fine with some purists giving more intrinsic value to MCP5, but I believe the general comic book reading public has already decided on MCP6. This will not take years to figure out. The world moves much faster these days, as opposed to when IH180-181 was released. It has been determined already, imo. Hence why 6 is going to 2nd print, and 5 is not (as of yet).

2 Likes

A reprint of #5 would be like Marvel doing a re-release of Avengers Endgame with unfinished unused footageā€¦ Oh wait, they already did thatā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Letā€™s not forget #1 which is her 1st Appearance since sheā€™s the Narrator expressing her thoughts, opinions and emotions throughout the entire series. Actors get appearance credits all the time for animated when only their voice is heard.

#3 sheā€™s clearly in mom since she has to be pregnant at that time since sheā€™s leaving after the conception.

It appears every book in the series so far has a 1st something from new players in the game to new takes on costumes in many of the stories.

With 6 so far being the hyped one and most likely the heaviest printed counting the second printing even if the others get another printing, #5 has the room to grow and at this time is the undervalued and overlooked copy by many who ran in and bought every #6 they could get away with but left all the 1 thru 5ā€™s on the shelf.

This series should be getting bundled as a set which is why I most likely will not increase orders for #7 thru 9 since I donā€™t have sets in stock that need them. I can sit around all day talking 1st (+ adjective) but without 1 thru 5 along for the ride most walk-ins are going to walk away from it.

It might be the character narrating but I donā€™t see this as significant as a visual first appearance. Nobody is gonna run out to buy this book because itā€™s her ā€œnarratingā€ the story as a flashback sequence.

Never say never. No matter how stupid sounding the niche or fetish is, thereā€™s always someone wanting you to lay down and let them lick it.

Last Saturday a guy calls about some comics and then drives them in from maybe 20 30 minutes away.

Hands me a stack of 25 to 30 of the worst looking Marvel comics Iā€™ve ever seen from 1981-82 timeframe. These books were brown, brittle, chewed up covers from silverfish and other insects, a couple had no covers, tears and such I was nervous even handling them that theyā€™d fall apart in my hands. Best grade I could toss out on the high end from a brief visual would have been F/G and many I suspect wouldnā€™t be that good if I had time to go through them page by page.

Titles were mostly common stuff like Two-in Oneā€™s, Team-upā€™s Dazzlerā€™s, a few amazing no keys, etc. The only book of significance would have been Wolverine #1 and it was the worst copy Iā€™ve ever seen!!! Obviously the guys dad or uncle had been buying comics randomly for a couple years off a spin rack in the early 80ā€™s and did nothing to preserve or protect them.

I wasnā€™t going to even make an offer on them since I have most of those in VF or Fines in the $1 to $2 range but while trying to hand them back he says he TURNED DOWN $70 for the stack a little while earlier!!! :exploding_head:

Any adjective you can think of to justify an asking price for anything, someoneā€™s going to ask it and some foolā€™s going to turn it down if offered that much thinking youā€™re low balling him.

One must also take such things with a grain of saltā€¦ were you there? Itā€™s just his word and Iā€™ve seen people try to haggle the sale with claims that likely never happened.

Thatā€™s when you should have turned to him and said, ā€œWhy are you here then? You should have taken the $70 because at that price, you were basically robbing him!ā€

Then hand him back his stack of utter crapā€¦ :wink:

ā€œIn Philadelphia itā€™s worth $50!ā€ :wink:

1 Like

This sounds like something my own father would have done. Just because itā€™s old doesnā€™t mean itā€™s valuable.

My dad collected sports bottles, you know, those championship bottles from the 70s and 80s. He had a Paul Bear Bryant one that he swore was worth $100 (it might of been at one point) but I mentioned to him once I saw them in a shop for $5. He asked me why I didnā€™t buy them all at $5, theyā€™re worth $100. My response was, well, how are they worth $100 if one is selling them for $5? Some people just never let go of the top dollar amount they could have gotten at one pointā€¦

You can ask all you want for an item but youā€™re likely going to be holding that item for a very long time. My dad passed away years ago and all those bottles got shoved into box and dumped into my possession, cause nobody wanted them. But you know, those Paul Bear Bryantā€™s sitting in my attic in a box unopened are worth $100, I can hear my dad still arguing from his graveā€¦ despite the most recent sold listing went for a whopping $2. Not even worth $5 anymoreā€¦ theyā€™ve gone down in priceā€¦

I actually blurted out "YOU DIDN"T JUMP ON IT? THATā€™s CRAZY!!

Most of the rest of that conversation was trying to get him to race back to the guy so he could get the $70 then come back here and let me replace all but the Wolverine for maybe $30-$40 with better copies.

I was about tired of grading and dealing with old books after a 36 hour binge grading, pricing and loading 3 short boxes from a trade in Thursday and still had the filing to do. That was a great deal. I still have a set of 1st Riri (Invincible Iron Man 7 and 9 high grades) from that one waiting to see if she gets a movie announcement next month.

Just noticed this morning Iā€™m selling too much in the last month. Iā€™m already $100 over my PayPal Working Capital Loan minimum repayment amount for every 90 day period and itā€™s only day 43!!! Marvel needs to slow down some of these books jumping like MCP and SSB last week. Itā€™s really messing up my interest rate percentage by over paying PWC too much, too fast.

Her name is Rien according to the place you hate.

I posted these comments about print run issues last Wed June 26 on the forum web pageā€¦ Almost a week later and my statement is accurate, I think the probable cause was diamond shipping oversize DAMNED books in with regular books, I noticed issues when #2 was shipped as wellā€¦ Consistent spine damage/colour rub everywhereā€¦

ā€œOut of the few copies I saw many were damaged, all with the same top spine corner crushed inā€¦ Iā€™m hearing about damages from numerous regions throughout US and CANADAā€¦ As DANIEL P mentioned earlier in the thread, the colour rub was abundant on what undamaged copies remainedā€¦ My point of this long winded ramble, is high grade NM copies of MCP #6 are RAREā€¦ Act accordingly when selling, if this character does anything at all itā€™s gonna skyrocket IMOā€¦ā€

I further stand by my initial thoughtsā€¦ Super low print run decimated with damage means very low available high grade copiesā€¦ I said it would skyrocket in high grade. It has. Be well @BJ :v:

1 Like

Book moved itā€™s first copy at $100 today. Thought it would take until Friday but took a couple more days. Thatā€™s double from what NYX #3 cost 8years ago.

2 Likes

I still think people are sleeping on the rest of the series even. I was shocked to walk into a shop just yesterday and found 3 copies of #5 sitting there.

The thing isā€¦all of the issues in this story are somewhat important and have spec value. I know #1 was heavily printed but it technically has the 1st appearance of Sylvie and the demon ā€œThe Truthā€. We still donā€™t know what will become of Sylvie and she could also become an ongoing character? Same with her entire family and especially the grandmother Agathe who appears to be the manipulator of the entire situation with regards to Wolvies Daughter ā€œRienā€

Iā€™m still seeing so many posts that donā€™t seem to be aware that there is actually a very, very good story behind this new ā€œdaughterā€. Some may hate itā€¦but it certainly appears to be well thought out and planned versus just a ā€œgimmickā€ this time around.

#1 was only 30,698 copies out the door initially although 1 and 2 did get 2nd Printings.

I still think people are sleeping on the rest of the series even.

Many people donā€™t know about #6 yet much less the story. Theyā€™re not taking time to CHU properly. This should continue to build through the next 3 issues as more people become aware and start to search out the earlier under valued and appreciated issues.

I already had a regular in this morning preordering WD193ā€™s that knew nothing about MCP 6 or any of the issues so I had to explain what I could to him. I figure itā€™s only a matter of time today or tomorrow before someone comes in for 193 that didnā€™t even know Rick was dead.

Before spending a bunch of money on this (especially if youā€™re considering paying way to much for a 2nd printing incentive):

Low orders + shipping damage = scarce in high grade.

But also consider the chance there will be some kind of convoluted redaction on her origin that makes her some manifestation of ā€˜the truthā€™ and Wolverineā€™s psyche projected onto this girl or some shitā€¦ He said ā€œIā€™m pretty sure sheā€™s my daughterā€, but thatā€™s still not confirmed.

Also, think about all of the Wolverine offspring in the past: Wolverina, Wild Thing, Jimmy Hudson, Daken etc. At best, this will end up somewhere between Wolverina and X-23 in value, but Iā€™m betting on the lower end.

Also, name the last character that Soule introduced that stuck aroundā€¦ Iā€™ll waitā€¦

If I had copies, Iā€™d be dumping them nowā€¦ buy low, sell high. Make that profit nowā€¦

Consider the chance there will be some kind of convoluted redaction on her origin that makes her some manifestation of ā€˜the truthā€™ and Wolverineā€™s psyche projected onto this girl or some shitā€¦

The writer says otherwise.

Also, name the last character that Soule introduced that stuck aroundā€¦ Iā€™ll waitā€¦

Past lack of success does not guarantee future failure. Imagine how terrible the world would have been if the Colonel had given up and never gotten KFC off the ground at 65 years of age.

Muse was cool. Vigil tooā€¦ but theyā€™re gone. If weā€™re going off of the tried-and-true method of comparing comic book speculation to fried chicken restaurant franchises, this is pure gold - but I wonā€™t be buying in past cover price.