CBCS Pickups

Thank you! :grin:

That’s a nice looking 3.5

3 Likes

Yeah I think so too… might be cracking it out to give it the treatment, although I don’t expect a huge bump.

A book like that? Even a half grade is worth the price of a re-submission and even though CGC is kinda questionable these days they still offer the best overall re-sale value with their service. If you can get it up to a solid VG 4.0 that would be amazing! Do you have any close-up pics?

If re-submission, then re-submission, then re-submission to get the grade an experienced hobbyist knows is appropriate, but wasn’t so expensive; I’d do that for a vast majority of books I’ve received back from the experts.

I give these grading companies credit though.
We handed over an empire to them and did it without a whimper

1 Like

Dont know if anyone uses Clan McDonald comics for their CBCS submissions, but he posted this earlier today

2 Likes

It’s fallen apart without Borock there. And I’m guessing he knew he couldn’t keep things going and didn’t want the hit to his own, personal reputation. This is sad all around and unfortunately, Clan McDonald’s only leverage is to consider moving their slabbing to CGC.

2 Likes

PGX is out there too. I’m still a little hesitant to submit to them, at least the comics I want to re-sell but that last few PGX books I have purchased on the after-market look great. Tight grading, pretty strong case. The sins of PGX past are almost two decades ago. The shenanigans of CGC and PGX are currant and getting worse. Could PGX be a good alternative? Can the minds of more serious collectors will be changed? That could be a tough order but if things keep going the way they are with CGC and CBCS maybe not impossible.

2 Likes

Yes, but I imagine CMC (or any facilitator) would get enormous pushback from customers if they dropped CBCS for PGX. Even with all the myriad problems CGC has, they are still somehow the leader.

This is like a car dealership that now finds itself dealing with an unreliable manufacturer. They are truly in a bad position through no fault of their own.

1 Like

MCS 3rd party grading/encapsulation sounding better and better by the day…

I would not be shocked if it came out Steve left because of situations such as this.

I’m not one to believe anything I see on the internet…but I’m definitely very hesitant to send anything to CBCS / CGC lately…

1 Like

He won’t move to cgc. If he does i will be really really surprised. I do wish he would though. He is my main facilitator for getting books signed and graded

I am very hesitant as well. I have a few books i would love to have slabbed, but i find myself saying they are better off in the mylites and in a box

2 Likes

A trip to the DMV is looking more enticing than remaining involved with these 2 clown companies.
Imagine if we relied on them for something important. Incompetent.

5 Likes

Keep your comics free and flappy! Mine are always secure and in my possession. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah the gains for each grade bump are pretty serious on this book. I did get it specifically because it looked like it had potential for a bump and the price was below FMV for the grade so I felt it was win/win.

2 Likes

Grading is weird with Hulk #181, mine looks like a 6.5 or higher why I specifically bought this copy to resubmit one day.

5 Likes

That does look undergraded from what I can see. Notes say there’s a piece missing on the back, so that could cap the grade depending on how large it is. The problem for me with buying signed books for bumps is that I can’t work on them myself without getting a green label, and so I’d be at the mercy of CCS.

1 Like

holy smokes 367 books lost I’d start world war 3 on their doorstep

2 Likes

I went to the CBCS forums and no one there is talking about it. Weird.

Not sure anyone is a part of that Facebook group to know about it that would normally post a topic.

I wouldn’t have know about it other than @drunkwooky .